PDA

View Full Version : Progress #3

Reg Mitchell
02-16-2006, 1:10 AM
well anothe small step to the end result... I also orderd a hvlp paint gun this evening to do the larger pieces, like the cab.
Here are the trunions, parts of the fence and the Oliver logo "green" and ready to be reassembled

Dev Emch
02-16-2006, 3:35 AM
well anothe small step to the end result... I also orderd a hvlp paint gun this evening to do the larger pieces, like the cab.
Here are the trunions, parts of the fence and the Oliver logo "green" and ready to be reassembled

Boy are these parts looking good. By the way, how are the tags on the main machine looking? The brass chicken and any black and white warning labels? Oh ya, also the motor nameplate. More often than not, your motor plate should be on the outside main cabinet casting and not necessarily on the motor housing casting.

So far you have been using CS Machinery's Oliver Teal in a Can to paint these parts. What are you going to do when you need to shoot the main body with an HLVP gun? You going to use that Dupont formula for Oliver Teal Imron?

Your saw is going to look so good that I may have to break down and paint my old 88. It was painted with a shoe brush and an intern in desert tan. It looks like the south end of a northbound bovine.

Reg Mitchell
02-16-2006, 4:31 AM
I'll try to get ahold of Bill and get some of the same color pant from him to shoot the body. The name plates are in good shape and yes the motor tag is on the outside. A little elbo grease and some detaleing will make them look good as new. By the way i saw somewhere that eagel has them for $30 new.
I do hae one question though. what color did the use for the lettering on the cast iron Oliver plate and the spokes of the hand wheels.

lou sansone
02-16-2006, 5:21 AM
looking good.. we are waiting for the next installment
lou

Bill Simmeth
02-16-2006, 7:19 AM
I do hae one question though. what color did the use for the lettering on the cast iron Oliver plate and the spokes of the hand wheels.Looking good Reg! The spokes were also teal. Depending on the era, the raised lettering was either not detailed (left teal) or the same red as on the blade guard.

Reg Mitchell
02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
ok guys heres a electric question for you: the wires comming from the motor. Is that a probles to replace. The ones there now are hard and cracked. Will run inro any "suprises " taking the back off and ataching some new ones or is that something I need to let someone else tackel. I have never been into a motor, electric, before