PDA

View Full Version : It's all Dennis Peacock's fault!

John Miliunas
07-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Humph! If it weren't for Dennis and his fabulous report a while back on the Festool ROS sander he just acquired, I wouldn't be in this predicament now! Him and his ES-125! Oh, and if that weren't enough, he goes and recommends this Bob Marino guy, too. What a combination! Here's the BIGGEST part of this whole problem: Due to a specific promo, which Festool is running, Bob can't get my unit ordered until Friday. What a drag! :(

OK, in case you haven't figured it out by now, my tongue is planted firmly in cheek and I'm like a little kid waiting for delivery of his first two-wheeler! With arthritis bothering both of my thumbs and a touch of carpal tunnel setting in, I felt it was time for something improved in the way of a ROS. Plus, with a small shop, the idea of zero or even near-zero dust emmision is very appealing. After seeing Dennis' review, I was pretty sure that Festool is the way to go. After many, MANY communications with Bob, I was pretty convinced that this was going to be my next ROS. After Bob came up with an official word of a Festool "First time buyer" promo, the deal is sealed! So, "gloat" isn't in the "Subject" line....Yet! But, it most assuredly will be and then I'll hopefully be able to verify what Dennis has put forth. Thanks to both, Dennis and Bob. :D

Oh, and not being sure if details of the promo would be admisable here, I refrained from doing so. However, anyone here is free to email me and I'll be happy to share information. :cool:

Terry Hatfield
07-29-2003, 12:32 AM
John,

That's nothin'....There's all kinds of stuff that's Dennis' fault. Just wait 'til you know him better. :D

Terry

David Rose
07-29-2003, 12:39 AM
Yeah, and he'd BETTER bring that new sanding thing-a-ma-bobie to the Central USA picnic. If he doesn't, I'll report him right here for sure!

David

John,

That's nothin'....There's all kinds of stuff that's Dennis' fault. Just wait 'til you know him better. :D

Terry

Dennis Peacock
07-29-2003, 1:10 AM
It ain't ALL my fault!!!! The fault clearly lies in the hands of Festool and Bob Marino..!!! :)

If it weren't for both of those, I would still be cussing at my PC333 that is less than 6 months old, vibrating like my old 3 year old PC333 and noisier than my shop vac..!!! Not to mention throwing dust in the air like crazy.!

As a matter of fact, I just got in from the shop "sanding" with my Festool sander and I STILL have proper feeling in my hands after sanding for 1-1/2 hours straight. 2 sanding discs later and emptying my shop vac of the dust I just collected from sanding has once again made me happy about my purchase of the ES125 sander and hose.

Now for the even better news....with this new check from the gov'ment I turned right around and have just ordered the ES-150-5 ROS from Bob Marino with sanding discs to boot. Uncle Sam was being nice to send me a check to help defray the cost of a new sander....uhmmmmmm, I mean defray the costs of raising 4 kids. :rolleyes:

Now Terry....don't you go a raisin' no fuss about things being my fault. Just because I got you started in developing your own web pages and web site as well as pointing you to the tools needed for a good web site, you have to go and blame me for you turning into an HTML flunky!!!

Daivd Rose....you ain't much better....bringing that Fein Shop Vac to the BBQ...of all the nerve.....giving us a demo of it and providing us with a bug that would be hard to shake....AND your tecnique of applying shellac in a short time for a near perfect finish......of all things to put us to shame by displaying your fine skills and dumping what you knew then upon us weaklings that didn't even have a clue about shellac. :)

John....you are "safe"......for now at least.....!!!!! I did write the review after all, and I did brag about the ES-125 pretty good....but after all, it IS exactly as I stated in the review. After all....you DO have a 30 day no questions asked policy with Festool......but not to worry.....you will NOT be sending that puppy back due to dissatisfaction......you will smile and be glad you bought what you did and enjoy breathing freely as you sand with the ES125.

Now......Mr. Leigh Mortise and Tenon Fixture....you bringing that to the BBQ to give us a demo of how well that thang works? Mr. Hospital clean shop.....you going to give us a demo at the BBQ of that new sliding table you just installed as well as give us all pointers on how to make our shop floors even better than ever?

In short.....you are ALL a great bunch of guys that I hold in high honors and value your friendships, knowledge and skills in ww'ing.

I guess I will consider this a great "compliment".!!!!!!!

Post your review John....just tell Bob to get that thing to you and ASAP!!!

Happy sanding......................

Terry Hatfield
07-29-2003, 1:17 AM
whew...It took me 5 minutes just to remove all that so I could post in peace.

Yes, I WILL be giving a demo of the Exaktor sliding table. I'll tell you how to do the floor, but it's way too much work to demo. :p

Another sander???? One for each hand or what??? Do you have Festool stock??? Should I get some in case this is a continuing pattern for you??? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Almost forgot...html makes my head hurt. I'll leave the tough stuff to you and I'll just cut and paste. :D

t

David Rose
07-29-2003, 4:15 AM
Terry, I think I missed it. Did Dennis ever say he would bring that carpal tunnel syndrome cure or not? Jeese! Some guys can technobabble better than... others.

David

John Miliunas
07-29-2003, 7:43 AM
Kripes guys, never thought I'd say this, but there are times I wish I were an Arky! The amount of fun you guys have almost borders on it being illegal! Funds, time and distance will prevent me from making it to the big Southern Feast, :( but maybe one of these years..... In the meantime, keep those reviews coming! :cool: Oh, and Dennis, I have to believe Bob will get that 125 out to me as soon as he legitimately can! He's been SUPER throughout this whole process and I just don't know if I've ever felt this good about buying *anything* sight unseen! :D :D :cool:

Terry Hatfield
07-29-2003, 8:42 AM
John,

We have a pretty big time down here. We have all become very good friends and enjoy poking fun at each other. It also helps that we are all just a little NUTS. :eek: hehehehe

Terry

Dennis Peacock
07-29-2003, 9:10 AM
John,

We have a pretty big time down here. We have all become very good friends and enjoy poking fun at each other. It also helps that we are all just a little NUTS. :eek: hehehehe

Terry

LOL!!!! Terry....

You and David are a hoot!! I would love a demo of that new sliding table AND you can use MY shop floor for the demo.....FIELD TRIP!!!!!!!
Very good friends is a fact-jack....Shoot....we so good-a friends that we stay up at night talking over e-mail, sharing thoughts and concerns and then we go to the extreme and build a web site for the fun of it!! :)

Now David.....IF you ever used a Festool sander....I honestly believe that you will never purchase a better sander. Now about that millionaire's woodworking gizmo....the Leigh FMT thing-a-muh-jig.....You gonna brang that fancy contraption and show how a "reaL" mortise and tenon is made or you just gonna talk 'bout it.? ;)

John....I bet you will heal up better if'en you moved down here..!!! 'sides that....you would have a LOT more fun. ;) I bet Terry and I have put about 3,000 miles on both our vehicles just traveling to each others house in the last year.

<B>THEN you have Bob Lasley!!</b> That Okie had the guts to ride with two Arkie's all the way to Anderson, IN for a End-O-Pond thang. Now Ol' Bob is as crazy as the rest of us and he falls in there with us. Bob Lasley has become part of the Arkie/Okie bunch that are very good friends and we have been to each others house. I guess you could say that we are all like family....'cept you don't do no feudin' or fightin' and we don't marry each others sisters either.

Have a grand day to you all.

Terry Hatfield
07-29-2003, 9:17 AM
Whew...again....

d,

Love to visit you guys, but demo the epoxy in your shop???? On the WHOLE floor???? Man, you are nuts. :D

Bob fits the crazy mold just fine, that's why we like him so much. :p

Hey Lasley, you gonna take up for yourself here or what???

t

Dennis Peacock
07-29-2003, 9:24 AM
Whew...again....

d,

Love to visit you guys, but demo the epoxy in your shop???? On the WHOLE floor???? Man, you are nuts. :D

Bob fits the crazy mold just fine, that's why we like him so much. :p

Hey Lasley, you gonna take up for yourself here or what???

t

<font size=+3><b> Yea..Hey Lasley...whur is you?</b></font> Shut them generators off long'nuff to fend fer ye-self......

Bob Lasley
07-29-2003, 9:48 AM
I'm trying to get enough business done so I can head to Ft. Smith on a service call. Stopped to eat a bowl of cereal before I head out so I wouldn't have to eat grits in Arkansas!! :D Then I about choked to death reading this stuff while trying to eat cereal!

Me, crazy, nuts?? Yeah, I guess anyone that would hang out with a bunch of Arkies like you three has to be insane!! Actually, I can't think of a better bunch of guys to be around.

John, you really ought to get out of cheese country and come down here.

Bob

Terry Hatfield
07-29-2003, 9:51 AM
LOL...
Ya John...we got cheese down here too. At the grocery store, you can get a whole stack of 'em all wrapped in plastic.

t

Jason Roehl
07-29-2003, 9:55 AM
LOL...
Ya John...we got cheese down here too. At the grocery store, you can get a whole stack of 'em all wrapped in plastic.

t

Terry, you need to have John bring you some cheese curds from the dairy state. Looks like a bag of yellow (or white) brains, but they're really good.

John Miliunas
07-29-2003, 1:06 PM
a whole stack of 'em all wrapped in plastic.

t

Man, that *ain't" cheese! That's just all the stuff they scrape up from out in the yard and they stick in them thar clear sleeves. Why the heck do you think they call it "pasturized"?! :D Like Jason says, the cheese curds are GREAT! Heck, the cheese house a couple miles down the road from us, even makes "Cajun style" curds! Ah, and cheese is only the half of it. You ain't lived 'till you've done a tailgate party before a football game, complete with cheese, brats and beer! Throw in some coleslaw and German potato salad and you have a feast fit for a king! Oh darn, now I'm making myself hungry! Gotta' go...Work calls. :( :cool:

Ed Falis
07-29-2003, 5:31 PM
I'll tell you, Dennis, you make me wish I lived a lot further south so I could make that picnic (I could contribute some good BBQ). Who knows, eh?

- Ed

Dennis Peacock
07-29-2003, 6:06 PM
I'll tell you, Dennis, you make me wish I lived a lot further south so I could make that picnic (I could contribute some good BBQ). Who knows, eh?

- Ed

Ed,

I can at least tell you that there will be a demo on sharpening with the Tormek to include roughing gouges for turning, The Festool ES-125 and ES-150 will be on display for hands-on demo's, a demo of Terry's new sliding table on his tablesaw, Ken Salisbury will be doing his demo of pen turning and such, door prizes, great food and fellowship amongst all who attend. If'en us Arkie's can travel almost 1,000 miles one way to Anderson, IN for a gathering, you should just try the Central States Gathering....just once. Last year was a very good turn out and lots of fun, and I'm going to try and get Bob Lasley to demo his Akeida Dovetail setup for us as well. Hey Bob....a real DEMO this time and not just setup to look at....OK? ;)

Then maybe David Rose will do a demo of his Leigh FMT setup.

Ed Falis
07-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Dennis,

I appreciate your fine words about your get-together. For me, it won't happen this year, but this year is not all years. I bought a 100+ yo house a few months ago with some very fine possibilities for restoration. And I'm getting married next month to one fine woman (who also teaches me about woodwork, having been a finish carpenter for a lot of years).

But I have to say, as a yankee, that my years of doing business down south in the software industry have certainly given me an appreciation for the generosity and good nature of the vast majority of the folks I've met, and of the down-to-earth values that are like my own. Besides, I'm a real BBQ aficionado.

I do hope that one of these years not too far downstream I can share some time with you Arkies and associates, preferably at one of those get-togethers.

- Ed

David Rose
07-29-2003, 10:45 PM
Hurry up, Ed, life doesn't last forever. ;) Sounds like a good, busy year. Come see us when you can. And I'm not Dennis, but come see us anyway. ;) Our get togethers really are fun. Short, but fun.

David

Dennis,

I appreciate your fine words about your get-together. For me, it won't happen this year, but this year is not all years. I bought a 100+ yo house a few months ago with some very fine possibilities for restoration. And I'm getting married next month to one fine woman (who also teaches me about woodwork, having been a finish carpenter for a lot of years).

But I have to say, as a yankee, that my years of doing business down south in the software industry have certainly given me an appreciation for the generosity and good nature of the vast majority of the folks I've met, and of the down-to-earth values that are like my own. Besides, I'm a real BBQ aficionado.

I do hope that one of these years not too far downstream I can share some time with you Arkies and associates, preferably at one of those get-togethers.

- Ed

Ed Falis
07-30-2003, 2:53 PM
Hurry up, Ed, life doesn't last forever. ;) Sounds like a good, busy year. Come see us when you can. And I'm not Dennis, but come see us anyway. ;) Our get togethers really are fun. Short, but fun.

David

Thanks, David. We'll be thinking and planning on it. I know very well that it doesn't last forever. I've always had excellent health, but I came within hours of dying from a freak infection last September. Makes you realize just how quickly we can go.

- Ed

Ray Thompson
07-30-2003, 11:05 PM
John,

Terry

I LITTLE nuts, that's like saying the Grand Canyon is just a crack in the dried mud.

I'm trying to get my passport in order to make a trip to Arkansas, that is, if the quota of Hoosiers hasn't been filled. You guys are a hoot.

Ray

David Rose
07-30-2003, 11:22 PM
Ray, you'll just have to meet Terry. He is way more than a "little nuts". You will meet folks here that are not totally off the wall... they may all be from "up nawth", but that's OK. :p

Good news! Last I heard Arkansas still recognises any US passport! And there are still openings for Hoosiers.

David

I LITTLE nuts, that's like saying the Grand Canyon is just a crack in the dried mud.

I'm trying to get my passport in order to make a trip to Arkansas, that is, if the quota of Hoosiers hasn't been filled. You guys are a hoot.

Ray

Terry Hatfield
07-31-2003, 12:10 AM
Ray, you'll just have to meet Terry. He is way more than a "little nuts". You will meet folks here that are not totally off the wall... they may all be from "up nawth", but that's OK. :p

Good news! Last I heard Arkansas still recognises any US passport! And there are still openings for Hoosiers.

David

David,

He has met me....that's why his description of my nuttyness is so accurate. :p

Ray,

Looking forward to seeing you. Hopefully the Yankee patrol will let you past the border. :D

Terry