PDA

View Full Version : Project pictures

Bob Elzinga
02-15-2006, 9:52 PM
Since I'm new here, and I've heard you like pictures, I thought I would share some of the projects I have built in the past.

This is a walnut vanity and bench seat I made for my oldest daughter. The top is granite.

Thanks for looking.

Jeffrey Makiel
02-15-2006, 9:56 PM
Bob...that looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing.
-Jeff

Jim Becker
02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Very nice, Bob! I bet she really gets a lot enjoyment from that piece, too...

Cecil Arnold
02-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Looks like your daughter has a very talented papa.

Steve Ash
02-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Bob, very nice job. Welcome to the Creek!

Carl Eyman
02-16-2006, 8:26 AM
Good work. How did you finish it?

Jay Knoll
02-16-2006, 8:49 AM
Bob

That is a great piece of work, thanks for posting and welcome

Jay

Byron Trantham
02-16-2006, 9:12 AM
Bob, welcome to the Creek. Your project(s) really look great. Very nice work.

Jason Tuinstra
02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
From one dutchman to another, it looks great! I'm sure she'll appriciate this one for years to come. It's a keeper!

Dewayne Baker
02-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Looks very nice. The granite is something I haven't considered for anything other than the kitchen. Thanks for broadening my horizons.

Bob Elzinga
02-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the comments.

I used granite because a) I didn't have enough walnut for the top. b) I don't have to worry about her setting a hot curling iron on it and buring the house down. c)Best of all, it was free! :D My cousin installs granite counter tops, and this was a peice of scrap, believe it or not. I did give his dad some white oak in exchange for it, but that was only because I felt guilty taking it.

The finish is wipe-on poly.

Now, I need to find some plans for other projects that I can use granite on.:D

Tom Drake
02-16-2006, 1:30 PM
Very nice work Bob.

Dan Oelke
02-16-2006, 3:15 PM
Very nice. The granite is good - and safe is an added bonus.

Now that I think back I remember my brother getting a old walnut dresser at an auction (probably for just $1) and refinishing it as a 4-H project. It has a stone top. (Marble I think). Looks very nice, but that kind of material always has me worried about dropping and cracking it.

Michael Ballent
02-16-2006, 5:10 PM
That looks great and I am sure that it will provide your daughter with many years of great service.

As far as other projects that use granite, I have seen side tables that have granite tops. I have also seen what basically is a small chest with short legs with granite and those skinny tables people put behind sofas with it as well. It really cool when you mix different materials :D

Nice work and a warm welcome to SMC!!!

Now, I need to find some plans for other projects that I can use granite on.:D