PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Forums

Michael Disorbo
02-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi folks,

I know that this is the BEST woodworking forum around, but was curious as to what others are out there? After all, the more knowledge you can get the better off you are. If you don't want to list it on SCW, send me a PM.

Thanks,

Michael

tod evans
02-15-2006, 11:20 AM
michael, other than smc i frequent woodweb and the minimax owners group. .02 tod

Roger Wilson
02-15-2006, 12:21 PM
WoodNet
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SawMillCreek
www.sawmillcreek.org (http://www.sawmillcreek.org)

Knots Forum
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Homestead Finishing (dedicated to finishing)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WoodCentral
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wood Magazine Forums
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WoodWeb has job ads etc. and is aimed more at professionals:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Interesting Foreign Forums:
<O:p
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<O:p

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:country-region w:st=Canada</st1:country-region></ST1 /><st1:country-region w:st=<ST1 /><st1:country-region w:st=Australia</st1:country-region>
<font size=" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"></ST1:p</st1:country-region>
<O:p<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region>
<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region>
<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region>
<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:country-region w:st="on"><FONT color=red>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</ST1:p</st1:country-region>

Gary McKown
02-15-2006, 12:22 PM
I have frequented woodnet.net for quite some time, more so before the flaming and fisticuffs started a couple years ago. Still some good info there if you pass over the 60-70% that is garbage.

I also check in on Woodcentral and the Oak occasionally. These are more like good ol' boys clubs, IMO - friendly but less informative.

Michael Disorbo
02-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the links to the other woodworking forums. Seems kind of petty that someone killed the links that someone had posted. I really don't see why that was done or what was gained by it. I thought a forum was a place to exchange information and knowledge. If the people at Sawmill Creek think they have the best forum then what is there to worry about. Just think its is kind of childish, but thats my opinion!

Thanks everyone,

Michael

Jerry Olexa
02-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Agree woodnet.net is good but requires screening of bad from the good. I also use woodmagazine's site esp for finishing w S. Mickley. IMHO, SMC by far best overall...:)

Mike Wenzloff
02-16-2006, 12:10 PM
...Seems kind of petty that someone killed the links that someone had posted. ...Thanks everyone,

Michael
Sent you a PM with the links. There is good information out there. Good people too, just as here.

Take care, Mike

Bob Elzinga
02-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Woodworkers Central (WWA) is a good forum also, although the folks there seem to be getting a bit petty lately.

Glenn Clabo
02-16-2006, 2:02 PM
It may seem petty and childish to you Michael...but the reason links are not allowed is based on the Terms Of Service (TOS) as written by the founders of SMC. It was discussed and agreed that it was too hard to continully check posted sites for content agreeable to those here on SMC.

John Lannon
02-16-2006, 8:05 PM
This is by far the best forum I have seen for wood working. The guys here are always polite and readily share thier knowledge. And by the looks of all the project pictures, probably some of the best wood workers around.

My favorates in order:

1. SMC
2. Taunton press
3. WoodWorker.com
4. BT3Central
5. Wood.net........only because i think Howard Stern moderates it.:rolleyes:

Steven Wilson
02-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Besides here I like

1) Jeff Jewitts Homestead Finishing forum
2) MiniMax owners group on Yahoo
3) Felder owners group on Yahoo