PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1617EVS Template guide set

Lincoln Myers
07-28-2003, 4:37 PM
Anyone have a source for the 7 piece Bosch template guide set (RA1125)? I am trying to find a better price than amazon ~$40. I can't find anybody else online that sells it for less. I have the router and the "snap-in" thing that came w/ it to hold the bushings etc.

Local shops, repair centers etc? Any suggestions or experience will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Linc

JayStPeter
07-28-2003, 6:37 PM
I bought a Pat Warner base and am happy with it. It accepts the regular PC template guides. I think patwarner.com is the place.

BTW, you can buy pretty much any aftermarket sub-base that fits PC 690 as the 1617 has 2 sets of mounting holes. One in a 4 bolt pattern for the Bosch and one in the PC 690 3-bolt pattern. Thats what Pat will send you.

Jim Becker
07-28-2003, 6:39 PM
I bought a Pat Warner base and am happy with it. It accepts the regular PC template guides. I think patwarner.com is the place.

I second the motion on replacing your sub-base with one that will take a "quasi-standard" and much easier to find PC guide bushing. I also recommend the machined brass guide bushings over the steel ones, too...they seem to be a lot more precise when it comes to "roundness".