PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant Grizzly G0490 Surprise

Paul Ziegler
02-15-2006, 8:38 AM
I sold my 6" Delta jointer this past Saturday and promptly ordered a new Grizzly G0490 the same day. I was told that the items were backordered until mid-March and that the credit card would be charged when the item shipped. This morning I was checking my credit card account online and noticed that Grizzly had already charged my account for the price of the jointer. I called Grizzly to find out if I had misunderstood their policy on charging orders or if the item had actually shipped already. To my surprise, the jointer had shipped on Monday and was already sitting at the shipping depot in Minneapolis. The estimated delivery date is today. Good thing for me that I installed the extra 220V circuit last night.

It almost seems to good to be true, especially with all of the posts that I have read about people who ordered last month and still haven't received their orders. Sorry about that guys. I hope the rest of the experience is as pleasant as it has been so far.

Jim Dunn
02-15-2006, 8:43 AM
Paul welcome to the creek. The pics will be necessary when the jointer arrives or Tyler AKA "Pic Policeman" will be upset. You don't want that:)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-15-2006, 8:50 AM
WoooooooooHoooooooooo!

And ..........Welcome to the Creek Paul!

You know of course our own Tyler Howell is the Chief of the Photo Cops and is located in Minneapolis too! You WILL post photos and do a review I hope after you've had a chance to use that new jointer! Seriously.....I'm interested in that jointer and myself and others would appreciate a review after you've had a chance to use it!

Michael Disorbo
02-15-2006, 8:58 AM
Yes, please do post some pictures. Us folks on the east coast will need to look at them and dream. By the time we get ours, there will probably be a new model and the G0490 will be obsolete;) Hey maybe if thats the case, us folks on the east coast will get a discount for discontinued items. I wonder if there is a way to get those pics do do my face jointing :confused: Just kidding!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with your new machine.

Michael

Matt Meiser
02-15-2006, 9:16 AM
Congratulations. Good thing they are scheduling it to be delivered today--sounds like tomorrow it would be a little more difficult to deliver with your weather forecast.

Shiraz Balolia
02-15-2006, 9:50 AM
It almost seems to good to be true, especially with all of the posts that I have read about people who ordered last month and still haven't received their orders. Sorry about that guys. I hope the rest of the experience is as pleasant as it has been so far.

Paul - I am glad that things worked well in your favour.
For everyone's information - nobody is getting machines "out of line". Our computer shops for the best freight rate from the closest warehouse and it is possible yours was shipped from MO, which received them late last week. Another week or less and the East Coast should have them. Thank you for being just a little more patient.

Scott Coffelt
02-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Me too, I sold my 6" last week and placed my order Monday and called grizzly today to fud out it is already in transit from Washington. It's estimated to arrive this Friday. So hopefully it will be either Firday or Monday as I will be in Reston, VA on Tuesday and Wednesday. They had told me it would be mid-March.

Allen Bookout
02-15-2006, 11:16 AM
They are heading to Florida out of Springfield also. Just got this message:

<tt>The following merchandise shipped 02/14/2006 via Overnite
Transportation from our Springfield, MO warehouse:

(1) G0490 8" JOINTER WITH PARR. BEDS
(1) OVNLIFTGATE LIFTGATE OVERNITE TRANSPORTATION

</tt></pre>

John Hedges
02-15-2006, 12:21 PM
That's great guys. I am very interested to here what everyone else thinks of their's.

Oh one more note I noticed yesterday. The pedestal switch on the unit which I got is considerable lower than the one pictured on the grizz website. No big deal, as I think the location is ideal for me, really wouldn't want it any higher. Note the differences

Website
http://images.grizzly.com/grizzlycom/pics/jpeg500/G/G0490.jpg

My Unit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/hedgehog55/jointer/PICT0377.jpg

Michael Disorbo
02-15-2006, 12:31 PM
John,

I want to see some picture of that jointer with tons of sawdust all over it. It still looks like its in the showroom:rolleyes: Get her dirty!!

Michael

Jim Becker
02-15-2006, 2:27 PM
Gee....you must have a really good rabbit's foot, Paul! There are likely to be a few jealous folks... ;)

And welcome to SMC!

Jay Knoll
02-15-2006, 4:21 PM
Hi everyone

I got the "great email" today as well, the jointer was shipped yesterday

Yeah!

I'll keep you all posted

Jay

Scott Coffelt
02-15-2006, 6:26 PM
I already got a message from the delivery company wanting to set up a delivery time. Dang that was quick.

Russ Massery
02-15-2006, 6:49 PM
I'm am one of those that are a little P.O.:mad: I placed my order on Jan 13. I haven't heard anything yet! And to boot I passed on a used DJ-20. Because they were starting to ship. So I guess you can call mine the UNPLEASANT SURPRISE.............

Scott Coffelt
02-15-2006, 7:15 PM
I'd call them, I know they are releasing on a first in first out basis. I can't see why they would have shipped mine this week for any other reason as to they were shipping others in line first.

Allen Bookout
02-15-2006, 7:26 PM
Hey Russ,

I know how you feel. I had the same thing happen on a Unisaw last year. Really gets to you.

There is one thing that I can think of. Did you order on line or by phone? I ordered on line and I think that is why I got an email. I remember seeing somewhere that some that ordered by phone were not notified by Grizzly on other products but by the trucking company on short notice. I cannot confirm that but you might want to check.

Let us know what you find out and GOOD LUCK!

Allen

Russ Massery
02-15-2006, 7:28 PM
Allen, Get this Scott ordered his on monday also! I ordered by phone. Thanks, I'll check.

Russ Massery
02-15-2006, 9:13 PM
I just got a e-mail back from Grizzly. For some reason I wasn't notified by e-mail,(like they were supposed too) but My unit shipped yesterday. It's due to be delivered tomorrow at 7:00am at work.:D

Michael Disorbo
02-15-2006, 9:28 PM
Glad to hear it Russ, where is yours shipping from Springfield?

Michael

Russ Massery
02-15-2006, 9:31 PM
Yes, It's coming from Springfield.

Allen Bookout
02-15-2006, 9:34 PM
Now I'm not the kind of guy that says "I told you so" but "I told you so" Congrats!!!! Allen

Jay Knoll
02-15-2006, 9:39 PM
Here's what the tracking site showed

Service Center Date
Pickup: SPRINGFIELD, MO 02/14
Current: MEMPHIS, TN 02/15
ESTIMATED Delivery: WEST PALM BEACH, FL 02/21

And then they have to get it up to Vero from WPB! Guess it will be next week for sure!

Russ Massery
02-15-2006, 9:39 PM
I just wish they had sent out the shipping conformation when it shipped. :rolleyes:

Allen Bookout
02-15-2006, 9:49 PM
Jay,

Our two must be on the same truck as mine also shipped the 14 th and is in Memphis. It is to arrive in Fort Meyers Friday and Overnight called today and scheduled it to be delivered here Monday morning. Is your final delivery to be by Overnight also?

Monday is good for me as I have a drill press to be delivered tomorrow and I need a some time to move things around a little. Also it will give me something to look forward to after the weekend.

Allen

Jay Knoll
02-16-2006, 6:59 AM
Allen

I don't know who is doing "the final delivery" haven't gotten a phone call from anyone yet.

Jay

Russ Massery
02-16-2006, 8:19 PM
My G0490 arrived this afternoon at work. I hauled it home in my truck. My nieghbor helped get the Beast of a grate off the back of my truck and into the shop. The crate and box made the trip well. I have to say the SAIA trucking firm did a better job then overnite did with my tablesaw. I post some pic tomorrow after I assemble it. :cool:

lou sansone
02-16-2006, 8:37 PM
best wishes with the new jointer
lou

Steve Roxberg
02-16-2006, 11:22 PM
You guys are killing me, I'd love to upgrade to that jointer.

Rob Blaustein
02-16-2006, 11:30 PM
You guys are killing me, I'd love to upgrade to that jointer.
Hey, never underestimate the power of peer pressure and tool envy. You think I really needed a new jointer? I just had to get on that bandwagon...