PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic lathe question

Joe Melton
02-14-2006, 11:22 PM
What is the difference between the model 1352000 and the 3520?
Thanks,
Joe

Gil Jones
02-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Joe, I believe that they are the same, except that the long # is a part/stock number, and 3520 is a basic model number (like 3520A or 3520B).

Jason Wulff
02-15-2006, 3:38 PM
Joe,

If you're thinking of getting one, I ordered my PM3520B from the Toolnut (toolnut.com) on Saturday only after numerous recommendations from this forum. Price was $200 cheaper than I was finding elsewhere, with no tax, and free shipping. They called me on Monday and gave me the order number. They had it shipped directly from PM which came out of a warehouse in TN. I called WMH Tool today with my order number to get the freight carrier info and tracking number. The CS rep told me it was shipped yesterday via USF Holland. By 11am today, I received a call from USF Holland local terminal here in Milwaukee WI stating they have the shipment and we set up home delivery for Friday (we're expecting a snow storm tonight thru tomorrow). The freight company is charging me $80 for residential delivery and liftgate service and they did indicate the driver will have a pallet jack but will need help moving the nearly 700 lb machine.

I highly recommend going thru the Toolnut, everything they explained to me was right on the dot except for the quick delivery. They told me the shipment may take 7-10 days and they also said that most freight carriers will charge extra for residential and liftgate service, so I knew this before talking with USF today. I did not expect the lathe to arrive here as quickly as it did. So whoever picked up the tab for shipping did a heck of job. I did find a store in Sycamore IL outside Chicago which carries this lathe instock but they wanted 2799 and of course there would be tax. So I still save a few hundred even with the extra freight charge.

I posed a question on this forum over the weekend on recommendations of where to buy this lathe after I wasted a day running to Green Bay to buy what I thought was going to be this lathe. All they had was the A model and they were charging the B price. I had no knowledge of or experience with Toolnut before but will certainly give them a call before making my next big purchase.

Kurt Rosenzweig
02-15-2006, 5:08 PM
I received my 3520 in 6 days from my order! The Toolnut is the way to go! Amazon didn't even have it in stock yet! Hey Jason! I'll be waiting to hear if your lathe comes assembled or unassembled like mine did! I think I'm the only person who received there's broken down!