PDA

View Full Version : Creekers are good folks!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-14-2006, 10:47 PM
I arrived home from a long exhausting day at work. I'd just dove into supper when the door bell rang and my neighbor delivered a package that had arrived while the LOML and I were at work!

3 great Robert Larson turning tools and a Dennis Peacock Black Cherry bowl!

Folks........I don't know what I've done to deserve your generosity but

Thanks!

Dennis my wife is still trying to find the right place to display you handiwork!

To the generous anonymous donor of the turning tools......I'll use them with pride and try to develop the skills to deserve them!

And again..........Thank you one and all!

Mike Ramsey
02-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Ken, don't think you've hit upon what's actually going on!! We are
sending you all our junk so we can buy better stuff for ourselves :D :)

Jim Dunn
02-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey I had a truck load turned back at the border. When they seen the address they said his house was full and no way it was comming over the border. Something about a disease called turning flu or some such. Very contagious.

John Hart
02-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Folks........I don't know what I've done to deserve your generosity...

I know what you did to deserve it.;)

Dennis Peacock
02-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Whew!!!!!!!! I was beginning to wonder if the USPS lost it in shipping or sumpin' like that. I'm very tickled that the box arrived safely.

Ken....You tell the LOYL that it's ok that she claims the bowl for her private collection. The LOML does this with anything I get sent to me as a gift.

My hope is to trade/collect something from as many as I can over time, as I cherrish anything that is handmade from any of my woodworking buddies.

And yes Ken....you deserve it. I wish I could do the same for everyone here. Maybe, if I live long enough, I can give gifts to many of my fellow SMC'ers.

Keith Burns
02-15-2006, 8:42 AM
All I can say Ken is that you must be one nice guy.:) :) We all know now though as to what Dennis is up to. He has found a way to collect other peoples turnings :D

Ken Fitzgerald
02-15-2006, 8:58 AM
Yes Keith. I'd send Dennis on of my patented and turned "Salmon Bonkers" but they don't have salmon in Arkieland unless it's in a can!:( :eek: :D

tod evans
02-15-2006, 9:19 AM
Yes Keith. I'd send Dennis on of my patented and turned "Salmon Bonkers" but they don't have salmon in Arkieland unless it's in a can!:( :eek: :D

what! you mean those pink colored fish with big lips aren`t salmon? ..02 tod

Ken Fitzgerald
02-15-2006, 9:41 AM
what! you mean those pink colored fish with big lips aren`t salmon? ..02 tod

Tod......when I lived in Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi, Texas, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and Georgia....and now Idaho......we called the pink fish with big lips......suckers!:eek: :D It's the red and pink ones with long snouts we see a few of here in Idaho we call salmon!

Mark Singer
02-15-2006, 9:43 AM
John M. bribed me with a Lambogini:rolleyes:

Ernie Nyvall
02-15-2006, 9:29 PM
Congrats Ken!!

Ernie