PDA

View Full Version : New Festool Circular Saw?

tristan won
02-14-2006, 7:59 PM
Anyone used the new Festool circular saw? I've been thinking I have way too much money & should just get rid of some in the tool direction. . .

Cecil Arnold
02-14-2006, 9:00 PM
I've got the older one and if you need a guided system it's a winner. Get the vac too.

Richard Wolf
02-14-2006, 9:12 PM
I've always been a table saw and chop box man. I purchased the Festool guided saw system for ocassional work. Now I use it more than I ever dreamed I would. Get a guided saw system.

Richard

Russ Massery
02-14-2006, 9:25 PM
Ditto, on Richard's reply. Mine is the older version also.

Frank Pellow
02-14-2006, 9:28 PM
The predessor saw with the vac and guide rail system is the best tool purchase that I ever made. Instead of dreading cutting sheet goods, I now actually look forward to it.

Tristan, I noticed that this together with you recent post about the Festool Rotex sander are you first two posts here on Saw Mill Creek, so I would like to be the first to welcome you.

Jim Becker
02-14-2006, 9:52 PM
I have the previous version, but will echo the other comments...I use it far, far more than I ever expected, both with the guide rail and with the MFT-1080 multifunction table for crosscutting. Fabulous product.

Marc Ward
02-14-2006, 11:23 PM
I had both of the older ones, sold them. Bought the new one....great purchase. You will not regret it. The pain of forking out all that $ is long gone, but the joy of using such fine tools is with me every day.

Anyone used the new Festool circular saw? I've been thinking I have way too much money & should just get rid of some in the tool direction. . .

Tyler Howell
02-15-2006, 9:01 AM
It's a waste Triston!!!
Send the money to me and I'll buy more Festool family members for my old CS.;)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-15-2006, 9:15 AM
I got the TS55 just recently, and I just love it.....

http://www.ablett.jp/workshop/images/jackpot/festool_1st_cuts3.jpg
Works like a charm! :D

Cheers!

Brian Buckley
02-15-2006, 9:57 AM
It is an umbelievable saw. Used it last week to cut down 2 sheets of 3/4 ply. 0 tearout, the splinter guard works like a champ.

Brian

Dave Falkenstein
02-15-2006, 10:01 AM
I have the older ATF55 and it is a whole different and better way to cut down sheet goods. It is also an excellent tool for straight-lining a board, as Stu's photo shows. I have tried a friend's TS55 and the new features are very nice. Get the package deal with the dust collector. There will be a bigger version of the saw, hopefully available later this year in the USA, called the TS75, if you need more depth of cut.

John Stevens
02-15-2006, 10:34 AM
I've got the old model, the ATF55. I like it fine, but instead of buying the TS55, I'm waiting for the TS75--heavier, but with a bigger blade and more power. The 55 works fine for sheets and 4/4 stock, but if you work with thicker stock often enough, you may want to consider the costs and benefits between the 55 and 75. I hear that the TS75 may be available this summer, but it depends on UL approval, which is not under Festool's control (other than Festool diligently complying with the UL process).