PDA

View Full Version : Clearvue owners feedback?

Darl Bundren
02-14-2006, 8:19 AM
Hey, all. I am currently in the market for a cyclone dust collector and am leaning pretty heavily towards the Clearvue. I haven't seen any professional reviews, and the searches I've conducted haven't provided much feedback, either. If you own a Clearvue cyclone, could you give me some sense of how you like it, what you like best, and/or what you might change if you could? Thanks in advance.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-14-2006, 8:23 AM
Darl......1st Welcome to the Creek! Neat place to exchange information.

2nd if you do a search with "Clearvue cyclone" as the search words you'll find a load of information about the clearvue in our old threads.

3rd try this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=24564&highlight=clearvue+cyclone

Again.....Welcome to the Creek!

tod evans
02-14-2006, 8:26 AM
darl, welcome! the clearvue is to small for my use but i have checked them out and for a small shop i think they`re one of the best...02 tod

Ed Lang
02-14-2006, 8:52 AM
I love my ClearVue. I ran 6" duct to my machines and reduce to 4" if needed at the machine. I get NO chips missed when running my 20" planer. I have gotten no detected dust into my filter stack after filling a 55 gallon drum several times. I also cut a lot of MDF with a CNC router so there was a LOT of fine dust. I installed a X10 module and made turning on the cyclone from each of my machines easy. I am happy to answer any questions or take pictures of my setup if that would help.

Give Ed M. at ClearVue a call, he is great fella to talk to and full of information.

Ed

Jim O'Dell
02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Darl, welcome to the creek. I have a Clear Vue, but I've just started the piping, and haven't hooked up electrical to the building yet, but I'm close.
You might also try the Clear Vue forum. There is a link to it on the Clear Vue site. Some good information there from people with the units. If you decide to go this route, I have a list of items I found were helpful when mounting mine. It is on one of the Clear Vue posts, or send me a private message and I can send it to you. Good to have you at with us here at the Creek! Jim

David Less
02-14-2006, 11:44 AM
I've just got mine running about a week ago, although it is much different than the stock unit I am very happy with it. I have low ceilings so I had to mount the blower on the side. The design is based on the efforts of Bill Pentz. His design utilizes a smaller diameter cone using a 5 hp motor. I think his design is based on the fact that it maintains a higher cyclone inside velocity to produce better dust to chip separation. Give Ed a call at Clearvue, he is very knowledgable about the pros and cons of most cyclones. Also log onto their web sight and look under PHOTOS.

Good Luck,
David