PDA

View Full Version : creekers are good folks!

tod evans
02-13-2006, 5:18 PM
i`d like to thank pete simmons for the marble picture of my son and i that he engraved with his lazer. this is really cool pete! something we`ll cherish for years to come:) tod

John Miliunas
02-13-2006, 5:36 PM
Way cool, Tod! Yeah, Pete is an Ace in my book, as well! My daughter and I have both been happy recipients of his great work! Enjoy and, kudo's to you, Pete (once again!). :) :cool:

valerie williams
02-13-2006, 5:39 PM
oh wow, is his work available to the general public (as she batts her eyelashes and simpers sweetly)

Pete Simmons
02-13-2006, 5:59 PM
A little about the marble.

I had just gotted a few new pieces of 12x12 black marble to try from a local tile store. As you can see it has veins and white specks it it. The tile Keith use to be able to supple was PURE BLACK, but we cannot get it any more.
When I saw Tod and his Son in the picture Dennis took I knew I had to get this on marble. So I tested the marble with this picture. It engraves very nicely but has the veins. Not sure what I will do with it. Maybe I will continue to use and sell it but caution people that it will have veins and specks in it.

Looks like I spelled Tod wrong but cannot change that now.

Anyway Tod - I am happy to be able to do this for you and Ian and hope you both enjoy it for many years.

BTW - All knowledge required to be able etch tile like this was learned right here at SMC. Thanks again to all who contributed to my education.

Dennis Peacock
02-13-2006, 6:47 PM
Hehehehehe.......:D :D :D :cool: :cool:

Nothing like a few Creeker's sneaking around eh Tod!!??!!!!:rolleyes:

See? I CAN do "sumpin". :p ;) Email and pics work wonders.

Very Nice and a perfect job well done for just the perfect person(s).

Jim Becker
02-13-2006, 8:12 PM
Wow! That's a great engraving, Tod!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-13-2006, 9:49 PM
Oh By The Way Folks.........I've done business with Pete on a couple of engravings................He does good work and is reasonably priced!

NOT CONNECTED WITH PETE's BUSINESS IN ANY WAY.......JUST A HAPPY CUSTOMER!

Beautiful photo engraving Pete!..........Congrats Tod!

Jerry Olexa
02-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Nice work!!

Shelley Bolster
02-14-2006, 10:50 AM
That is just THE coolest thing I have seen. I liked the pic of Tod and Ian when Dennis first posted it.....just one of those "great" ones but done is marble is over the top!!! Fantastic job Pete!!! Oh man.....have you got me thinking. :eek: ;) My first grandbaby is due any day.......what a incredible keepsake for my daughter! I think you will be hearing from me - minus the (as she batts her eyelashes and simpers sweetly). You are definitely worth whatever you charge Pete.....your work is great. Man Tod, are you fortunate or what! :D

john whittaker
02-14-2006, 4:42 PM
Pete...Just an observation
The veining you refer to looks great to me. It make the engraving look like an old priceless picture. In fact, before I read all the posts I thought you must have had an old slightly wrinkled black & white picture for a pattern. Thought that was Tod's Grand Dad holding Tod's Father.:D

Very cool and glad Tod received such a nice gift. He deserves it for all the help he provides on this site.

Dan Oliphant
02-14-2006, 5:06 PM
Tod, that is a real nice gift for sure!!!
Although the beard needs a little white (or a lot).:)

Jim Dunn
02-14-2006, 5:32 PM
Cooooooooooooooool

Mark Cothren
02-14-2006, 7:40 PM
Tod, congratulations! What a keepsake!

Pete, that is some awesome work! You did a great job, and a wonderful gesture. My compliments...

Jim Hager
02-14-2006, 8:30 PM
How fitting that a father and his son be etched in stone forever. That is sort of the relationship that me and my son have had. I sure miss the little shaver but at 24 he has his own plans for the world. Cherish the time you spend with that little guy, as I'm sure you do.

Corey Hallagan
02-14-2006, 11:07 PM
That is really cool. Amazing. What Jim says is the truth Tod!

Corey