PDA

View Full Version : Planer Storage

Bob Lasley
07-27-2003, 7:15 PM
Finally got around to something I've been meaning to do for a long time, building a stand for my planer. I wanted to be able to store the planer and stand under the lathe when not in use but still wanted it at a reasonable height when using it. So, I built a roll around stand with a flip lid.

Bob

Lincoln Myers
07-27-2003, 7:26 PM
Very Nice! I may add that to my "some day" list.

Todd Burch
07-27-2003, 8:53 PM
Looks good Bob! How do you lock it upright?
Todd.

Dominic Greco
07-27-2003, 9:06 PM
Wow! Is this timely or what? I guess you roll this under a shelf when not in use?

I was just thinking of building one of these. It's one of those projects that is on my "to do" list. I have to consolidate my planer and sanding station so that I can finally have the space to mount my Cyclone on the wall.

I'm designing my own flip top planer/sander stand right now. WOOD magazine had plans for one. But I really want to design my own with some more thought towards space savings. I also want to build a set of collapsible outfeed and infeed tables for the planer.

Again, great job!

See ya,
Dominic

Bob Lasley
07-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Looks good Bob! How do you lock it upright?
Todd.

Todd,

The top has stop blocks under it on one side and I use a couple of 3/8" bolts on the other side as pins. I have just slightly more weight on the blocked side so I don't have to strain to get the pins in. Can't say that I planned it that way, but luck smiled on me today.

Bob

Ken Frantz
07-28-2003, 3:22 PM
Bob:

A while back, I had drawn up some plans to do something about like that and was in the garage--actually the garage is full of tools and junque, the shop build is still in progress----yesterday I thought of that project and wish I had built that a year ago.

Anyway

What i was going to do was install a portable table saw on one side of the turn table and the miter saw on the other so both tools would take the floor space of one.

If I was still installing cabinets, I would have made one that would set on some short saw horses or make some folding legs for it. There has been a few time that an offeed table would be needed, but most of the time a cut of 36 in lenth or less was needed on the job.

KEN