PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bill Stevener

Jim Dunn
02-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I finished my 2nd box and the wife likes the little knob I put on the top.:eek: How about that:p:p I left part of the bottom tennon on cause it was splitting and I was afraid I'd loose the whole thing. Wife likes that too:confused: Well I figure out how to stabilize wood before tooooooooo long, I hope:D.

Bill Stevener
02-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Hi Jim, I like the little knob as well. The entire box looks good.
I think others have suggested applying some liquid CA in the crack, that will work if the wood is dry and then placing a large rubber band around the box when you wish to part it off. I can't see how large, or where the crack is. One can use a hose clamp to complete it for safety measures and move the same during the finishing process. Rather time consuming, it works well and the box should stay in tact.

I was looking at your bowl adventures. :D

see you over there,

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Corey Hallagan
02-12-2006, 11:46 PM
I am glad she held together for you. Nice looking box, love the shape, the spalting and all. I think the tennon looks fine as well! Did the wife ask for 6 more in graduating sizes just like that, as in canisters? :)

Corey

Jim Dunn
02-13-2006, 6:43 AM
Corey it's not large enough for anything more than spices. Since all the blanks are the same size I pretty well stuck with 3" or so diameter, not much larger. I'll make her some square canisters if she insists.

Rich Stewart
02-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Did he say "square"? Here? Isn't that like, blasphemy?

John Miliunas
02-13-2006, 1:28 PM

You're right, Rich!!! "Square"??? Can't get there from here!!!:D BTW, nice box, Jim!:) :cool:

Keith Burns
02-13-2006, 3:59 PM

Say that word again and we'll have to wash your mouth out with some worm ridden wood dust:eek: :D

By the way, nice box:)

valerie williams
02-13-2006, 4:21 PM
newbie question.
whats wrong with square?

Jim Dunn
02-13-2006, 4:22 PM
Blasphemy blasphemy, go set in the corner with you kids.:mad: Oh wait I said it first. :eek::eek:When I'm out of the corner, be my guest.:cool: They don't have as much of a sence of humor?:D:D:D

Just funnin ya. Nothing wrong with flat stuff so long as your not talking about it in the turning forum:p

Tom Jones III
02-13-2006, 4:23 PM
Looks great. The wood grain really looks good. I can't wait to try a box.

Jim Dunn
02-13-2006, 4:25 PM
Thanks all who looked at my wife's design for a box. She'll take all the credit for it as well, don't I know it.

Mike Ramsey
02-13-2006, 7:07 PM
newbie question.
whats wrong with square?

Valerie, nothing is wrong with square, if your not a Turner! :rolleyes: .
But here at "The Dark Side" everything is round...well
mosty round :D .
Jim, nice job on the box! I like the knob too.