PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Mark Stutz
02-12-2006, 7:25 PM
What an enjoyable day. As you know Steve Wargo is going cross country, and left the snow and cold of Cleveland, only to visit the snow and cold of St. Louis! He stopped by so he could warm up in the shop, and warm up he did. Not only is Steve a great guy, he is a wonderful and generous teacher!

Since he plans to work on a project while on the road, he brought his tools with him. (See what you can do with hand tools!:D ) I won't spill the beans, but I saw the drawing and I'm looking forward to the finished results. The other benefit to his mobile shop was that I got to play with some of his moulding planes. What fun. The only problem...this could get expensive!;) :eek: The good news, is that Dave Anderson won't be the only one I have to blame for my habit!;) :D

I had asked Steve to bring his glue pot and veneer hammer. We took some walnut burl veneer I had and hammer veneered it to a plywood substrate. I had to promise to tell all of you how terribly difficult this is to do so as to not let the secret out!;) Seriously, this is not difficult, and is a quick and easy way to do small panels.

Unfortunately, he had to be on his way sooner than either of us would have liked. Hopefully his travels will bring him thru St. Louis again sometime.

BTW, that's Toby with Steve in the first picture.

Steve Wargo
02-12-2006, 7:55 PM
It was an excellent visit. Toby and I thank Mark and his wife for the outstanding hospitality. Mark has a wonderful shop and is well on his way to a well stocked assortment of handtools. His hammer veneer work turned out excellent. BTW, I decided to hole up about 10 minutes west of Sprinfield. Not too bad of a drive. Thanks again Mark. I assure you it's not the last you've seen of me.

Roy Wall
02-12-2006, 8:56 PM
It was an excellent visit. Toby and I thank Mark and his wife for the outstanding hospitality. Mark has a wonderful shop and is well on his way to a well stocked assortment of handtools. His hammer veneer work turned out excellent. BTW, I decided to hole up about 10 minutes west of Sprinfield. Not too bad of a drive. Thanks again Mark. I assure you it's not the last you've seen of me.

Hey Steve,

Go north on 71 at Joplin and you'll be at my house in 3 hours!!! The pay is poor but I'll feed you well!!

Have a safe trip and be good in OKLA. City!!

Jim Becker
02-12-2006, 9:27 PM
Wow...looks like another grand visit for the records! And it sounds like there was some learnin' going on, too.

Here's some updated avatars...

Steve Wargo
02-13-2006, 8:43 PM
Thanks for the avitar update Jim. Just glad you didn't take the image from the first picture.

Roy,
Don't worry, you're on my list. You'll see me sometime in the next 10 weeks.

Jim Becker
02-13-2006, 9:50 PM
Thanks for the avatar update Jim. Just glad you didn't take the image from the first picture.

Actually, I was really tempted...it's a "dear look" on your face in that one!

Steve Wargo
02-13-2006, 9:55 PM
Like Rocky from Mask