PDA

View Full Version : 5-1/2" Circular Saw 1/2" Arbor

Don Wurscher
02-12-2006, 5:33 PM
Need help, an old gentleman stopped by today, and during our discussion, he mentioned that he had a 5-1/2" circular saw with a 1/2" arbor, and was not able to get any blades for it.

I did a quick search on the net, and all I found was blades with 10mm holes.

Any help in finding some blades for this gentleman would be greatly appreciated.

Don Wurscher

Russ Massery
02-12-2006, 6:55 PM
Found them here..............http://www.oldham-usa.com/DBScripts/SawBlades/MaxLife/Maxlife.asp

Brian Hale
02-12-2006, 8:35 PM
My Sears Craftsman saw is the same size and i get the baldes from Sears.....

Brian :)

Don Wurscher
02-13-2006, 4:19 PM
Will followup on the suggestions, again thanks.

Jim Bills
02-13-2006, 5:55 PM
I have had good luck, enlarging the 10mm center hole using a stepped drill. The steps on the drill keep the hole centered as you move up to the next step. The centers of these blades are very soft, and drill easy. Don't try to hold the blade in you hand while drilling, DAMHIKT.

These little saws really like the thin kerf blades made for battery powered saws.

Jim

Mike Wilkins
02-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Did I see this post on another forum???
I had a 5 1/2" Skil circular saw that used blades with 1/2" arbor holes. Could not find blades at the usual places(big box stores) nor any woodworking supply stores. Finally found them at Sears, both in the steel blades and some carbide tipped blades. All for a reasonable price.
Got rid of the saw when I got the Festool system but it was a neat little saw.

Jim Bills
02-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Did I see this post on another forum???
I had a 5 1/2" Skil circular saw that used blades with 1/2" arbor holes. Could not find blades at the usual places(big box stores) nor any woodworking supply stores. Finally found them at Sears, both in the steel blades and some carbide tipped blades. All for a reasonable price.
Got rid of the saw when I got the Festool system but it was a neat little saw.

Mike, I did post on the same subject on Woodnet last year. I don't use the saw often, but it is a pretty nice small saw used mainly for breaking down sheet goods. Especially nice for the $35.00 I paid for it on Ebay. It really isn't anything like most of the Skil products, kinda like a diamond in the rough.

Jim