PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Request

Bob Novak
02-12-2006, 2:48 PM
I'm looking for some help from some people that remember Leichtung Workshops from the late 70's and early 80's. I'm looking for catalogs or information from that era. I lived in Cleveland then and my parents purchased an oak tool chest complete with a selection of hand tools and such from the Leichtung Store in Mayfield Heights. The store was great - like walking through the catalog live.

I was there when they purchaded it and the gentleman that was puliling the stuff together took me through the store and we discussed each tool or gadget. A real education for me (i was in my 20's) and an added bonus.

I don't do much with the tools now and I'm getting ready to pass them on to my son. I'd like to replace any missing tools from the set but if I kept a list of what was in it, it is now long gone. If someone has an old catalog or recollection of the set in particular, I'd sure appreciate it. I'd be willing to pay for the catalog or for the cost of copying it (or at least the inventory of the tool chest). It also ran around $2000 if memory serves - hate to think what the same thing would cost today.

If you have any information related to this, please contact me by email - not sure how often I'll check in here.

bob.novak@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

Bob

Burt Waddell
02-12-2006, 2:59 PM
If I recall correctly this company was purchased by woodworkers supply. There web address is www.woodworker.com

Ken Shoemaker
02-12-2006, 3:28 PM
Bob,
Sorry Ican't help with your request. But I can welcome you to the Creek...

John Bailey
02-12-2006, 5:57 PM
Welcome to the Creek Bob. I don't have a clue about your question, but my bet is somebody will be able to help you out.

John

Andy Haney
02-12-2006, 9:20 PM
I HAVE a Leichtung Winter 2006 print catalog (L68). On the cover it references their wesite:

http://www.leichtung.com/cgi-bin/HOME.exe

When you go there you'll find you're at "a division of Woodworker's Supply, Inc.", as was stated in an earlier post. I'll leaf through the print catalog to see if I find anything like you mentioned...and welcome.

Andy Haney