PDA

View Full Version : Dust Bin Level Sensor

Matt Meiser
02-12-2006, 11:52 AM
I found this last night on Ebay. Total with shipping came to $43 and its guaranteed tow work by the seller. I've been wanting one for a while now and have been holding out until I found someone else who had tried the Penn State unit and checking Ebay from time to time. I'll be using it to trigger a strobe light to warn that the bin is full.

lou sansone
02-12-2006, 1:06 PM
let us know how you like it. I look out my shop window to see the cyclone and 55 gal drum with a clear connecting hose, but it would be nice not to have to do that.

lou

Doug Shepard
02-12-2006, 2:21 PM
I stumbled across this on Bill Pentz' site a while back.
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/DustLevelSensor.cfm
Apparently you can rig one up yourself for around $20 if you haven't bought the one off eBay yet. I've still got to get a cyclone design, purchase, and installation off the ground so I'm a long way from trying this out myself.

Matt Meiser
02-12-2006, 4:14 PM
I've seen that one, but really didn't want to screw around with building one. But, I really didn't want to spend the $80 for the Penn State one either so I felt this was a great deal and I shouldn't need to spend more than 1 hour getting it going once I get it.

David Fried
02-12-2006, 4:37 PM
let us know how you like it. I look out my shop window to see the cyclone and 55 gal drum with a clear connecting hose, but it would be nice not to have to do that.

lou

I noticed "stuff" in the clear connecting hose on mine the other day and took that to be my cue to empty the drum. Boy was it full and heavy! I'm thinking of just putting the drum on a scale and emptying it when it weights a certain amount.

Dave Fried