PDA

View Full Version : Trend Airshield Battery Update

Glenn Clabo
02-12-2006, 11:30 AM
As many of you know I asked about a problem with my new Trend Airshield battery in this thread... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=30901

Well I thought I've give everyone an update...

Trend has sent a replacement battery that works fine. After finally getting to the right person at Trend (thanks again George!) they sent it next day. AllProTools has sent an email stating they would send a return label so I can return the one they sent. I really don't know what that means...but if they think I'm going to sit on my hands waiting...they just don't know me.

So I operated and found the problem...
If you can see the black clip sitting on the batteries it has a cylinder that is supposed to hold the connector...or slide over it...when installed to the top of the battery case. Well... the cylinder is too long so when you install the clip it on it pushes the connector down and doesn't let the charger connect. I simply cut the cylinder off...epoxied the connector to the battery and put back together. It seems to work fine mechanically...will see if it charges.

I don't know if these guys are going to want this back...but if they do I'm charging them for it!

I'm going to investigate building these better...and cheaper...will charge faster...and last longer. I've found some parts that look like I can do it for 1/3rd the price.