PDA

View Full Version : P-C 9737 Tiger Saw Question

Jerry Solomon
07-27-2003, 1:29 PM
I just received a new P-C 9737 Tiger (Reciprocating) saw. It's the one with a dual action (straight-line and orbital) knob on the side. The issue is this...I can't see any difference in the motion of the blade when I change the knob setting. I also tried cutting a piece of wood with the saw and, while it cuts OK, I couldn't see any difference in cutting speed regardless of how the knob was turned. Any other P-C 9737 owners out there? Do I have a lemon?

Phil Phelps
07-27-2003, 3:22 PM
...but I don't think you can see the orbital motion. I think the setting will make a difference on the material that you are cutting. It really does on my Bosch barrel grip jig saw.

Jason Roehl
07-27-2003, 4:30 PM
Hmmm...I'd take a closer look at it because you may have a lemon. I have a Milwaukee Sawzall with orbital adjustment, and I can definitely see a difference in the motion of the blade. With the orbit off, the blade runs straight in and out, and with the orbit on, the blade takes on a visible chopping motion, possibly as much as 1/2".

Steve Clardy
07-27-2003, 5:33 PM
I usually run 10-12 inch blades, and you can defentely see the orbit motion on the end of the blade. May have a defect one there. Steve