PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get pen kits for my pen turnings

Jack Campbell
02-12-2006, 1:13 AM
Im going to be making some gifts for friends and sell some aswell.
Wonder where to buy them and key chain kits.

Curtis O. Seebeck
02-12-2006, 2:48 AM
I have bought quite a few from Bill Baumbeck with Arizona Silhouette. Do a search and you will find his site. Good prices, quick shipping, and excellent service. My other choice is Craft Supplies USA.

Gary Max
02-12-2006, 6:04 AM
Jack Let me be the first to Welcome you to Sawmill Creek we are glad you found us.
I buy most of my pen kits from Craft Supply USA.
Real nice folks and great service.
Hope you enjoy your adventure here at the Creek

Ernie Nyvall
02-12-2006, 6:10 AM
Welcome to the Creek Jack.

There are pen kits at woodturnerscatalog(craft supplies as Gary mentioned) and bereahardwoods.

Ernie

Bob Noles
02-12-2006, 6:46 AM
Jack,

Welcome to the wild side. There are many good places to buy pen kits and blanks, but I have to agree with Curtis, Arizona Silhouettes is a great place to look first.

John Hart
02-12-2006, 7:18 AM
Welcome to the Creek Jack! Glad to have you aboard.
Pen Kits...IMO, Berea makes the nicest kits with the best engineering and instructions...but they are cheaper if you buy them from Arizona Silhouette rather than direct from Berea. If you go to the Berea Hardwoods website, you can download their full color catalog (PDF) and get a nice feel for how everything looks.

Bernie Weishapl
02-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Welcome Jack. If you are looking for good prices go to Woodturningz.com. Their prices are very good on all their pen kits. I don't think they can be beat for price for their slimlines. I have bought several from them and am quite satisfied. Just my $1.298.

Ken Salisbury
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I have made 1000's of pens plus many many 100's of keychains, bottle stoppers, perfume pens and assorted other small items. Approx 95% of the kits came from Berea Hardwoods (http://www.bereahardwoods.com) . I have found them to be the most relieable and customer friendly source and highly recommend them.

David Fried
02-12-2006, 11:49 AM
I've purchased from the above sources and will just rubber stamp the above replies. Both Bill Baumbeck of Arizona Silhouette and Jason of Woodturningz gave me good advice and great service. Both have stood behind their products and made me a loyal customer.

Dave Fried

Corey Hallagan
02-12-2006, 11:56 AM
For PSI slimlines it is hard to beat Woodturningz as Bernie says. Woodturningz has some beautiful wood as well. Also another PSI resaler is Pens Of Color, they have great prices on kits and Sheila is nice to work with.

Corey