PDA

View Full Version : 2nd little box

Jim Dunn
02-12-2006, 12:01 AM
Got home and had to try those new tools. All I can say for the Sorby is, SWEEEEEET!!:D:D:D. And I'm proud to announce I think I can save this box. It has a crack running through the side of the box. It may not make it through the parting process so I'm showing it now before I break it:eek::eek: It's 3 1/4" in dia and 2 1/2" long. It's a piece of ambrosia maple I got from John Hart. So give him credit for finding this spectacular wood.

Jim

Corey Hallagan
02-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Jim, looks like you got the knack for box turning for sure. Beautiful wood, too bad it looks like it is going to crack. Put the helmet on!

Corey

Jim Dunn
02-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Bullet proof vest is more like it:eek::eek::o

Ernie Nyvall
02-12-2006, 6:44 AM
Nice little box Jim. Can you get some CA glue in that crack? If not and you are thinking it will break when you part it off, put an airplane clamp on it.

Good luck.

Ernie

John Hart
02-12-2006, 7:22 AM
I really hate cracks. Nice looking box though Jim! I bet that epoxy/DNA mixture and a band clamp will fix it up nicely though.

Bernie Weishapl
02-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Bummer cause that is a nice looking box. I would also suggest trying either CA or epoxy mixture and clamp. I bet if you let either of those dry and then part it you would be fine.