PDA

View Full Version : Creekers Get Together

Jim Dunn
02-11-2006, 5:42 PM
A small group of SMC members and myself went to the Collinsville, Il. WW show today. We met at the Cracker Barrel for a morning breakfast and get together/gab fest. A better bunch of people you couldn't have been around.;)
The first pic is of Mark Stutz. To his left is a friend of Steve Clardy's named John Shedd. To his left is Lyle DeWalt (he could't get us a discount:D). In the next pic is a friend of mine John Lucas to his left is Steve Clardy. Last but not least is Tom Sontag. He's our local rough sawn lumber supplier. He was at the show selling wood turning blanks and making sure we all had his newest price list:p

Jim

Jim Becker
02-11-2006, 5:52 PM
Looks like a fun time had by all!

Jim Dunn
02-11-2006, 5:59 PM
I have to appologize to Tom Sontag. Sorry Tom. In his pic I cut off the top of his display ad showing the company name. In the first pic I took it is there but the picture was a little blurry as I was nervous photographing such a celebrity:)

Russ Massery
02-11-2006, 6:15 PM
I've had a couple Creeker visits Myself there great. I really like meeting the people that we on have this forum. looked like a good time. Thanks for sharing.

Mark Stutz
02-11-2006, 8:35 PM
Indeed, a good time was had by all! Jim, I didn't think about it until after you left...but there is no picture of you! The show was pretty good. There were not quite as many vendors there as last year. They are adding on to the Convention Center, so maybe next year one can actually walk thru the place!

Corey Hallagan
02-11-2006, 8:39 PM
Looks like it was a great time! Thanks for posting!

corey

lou sansone
02-11-2006, 8:56 PM
always nice when the guys get together
lou

Jim Dunn
02-11-2006, 9:08 PM
I'm one of those secretive kind of guys:D:D:D Here's one of me and my granddaughter. She's the smaller of the two of us, but just barely:eek::eek:

Tom Sontag
02-12-2006, 1:02 AM
I have to appologize to Tom Sontag. Sorry Tom. In his pic I cut off the top of his display ad showing the company name. In the first pic I took it is there but the picture was a little blurry as I was nervous photographing such a celebrity:)

Well I have been called many things, but never a celebrity. What a laugh. And as I explained to Jim, my Creeker credentials may be fading since my company's firewall shut out SMC.:mad:

As for the show, I liked seeing LV for the first time. And the nearly all-wood lathe was nice and picture worthy (I'll see if I can get one Sunday). And at one new wood vendor's booth, they were handing out flyers for a trebuchet contest. But did you hear about that from Jim?? NOOOOooo. That's cuz since he got all these cool lathe tools, he don't want to hurl with us.;)

Jim Dunn
02-12-2006, 8:38 AM
Tom, I forgot about the trebuchet:eek::eek::eek: I really did. When Tom first told me about the "hurling constest" I thought he meant those fellows who wear skirts and throw those logs in the air:D:D. (I ain't wearing no skirt in public:rolleyes:) I've got the flyer, not the free wood though:mad:, I'll pass it around and see what happens.
A contest like that is something I may get some help from my son on.:o

Gary Herrmann
02-12-2006, 7:11 PM
Dang, I missed it. Thats what I get for going with a neighbor, rather than going to meet Creekers. Next year, the heck with him. :p

I did see Tom tho and he informed me he has the distance part of the trebuchet contest locked. I may have to start giving this some thought.

But even if I don't build one, that would be a good contest to watch.

Tom Sontag
02-12-2006, 9:34 PM
Sorry Gary. We aint lettin' no watchers in. Ya gotta have a siege weapon for admittance. 'Course, if ya got satellite access you ought to be able to see my hurl. :)

Jack Diemer
02-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Clardy is sure well travelled, he was just here in KC doing the same thing.

Lyle DeWalt
02-14-2006, 4:34 PM
Enjoyed meeting up with all you guys. Had a pretty good time.
Guess this is my first post here. Was hard registering as it either didn't like my name or I can't figure out my alphabet.

Sorry, I couldn't get the discount but at least you got to see me. ;)
Nice jawing and the coffee was plentiful, both during........and after.:)

Gonna have to do this again sometime.

Jim Dunn
02-14-2006, 5:52 PM
Lyle welcome to the creek. I was pleased to make your aquaintance. Looking forward to seeing you again in the not so distant future.

Jim Dunn

Mark Stutz
02-14-2006, 8:35 PM
Lyle,
Welcome to the Creek. Sat. was a fun day all around. So much coffee, I almost floated out of Cracker Barrel!

Mark

Lyle DeWalt
02-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys. Pretty funny that I go over to IL to meet my neighbors :)
If you guys ever find a big stash of wood, or make a trip to see Tom, let me know. I have a truck and I'm not afraid to use it.

Jim Dunn
02-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Lyle thanks, is it this big?

Joe Mioux
02-14-2006, 11:15 PM
aaa....... guys don't forget some of us "east" county types. or those "east of East county" even. smile.

Joe

the Stl ppl know what I mean by that sentence.

Lyle DeWalt
02-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Not quite that big; BUT if the price is right, I could probably come up with a Freightliner and a flatbed.

Steve Clardy
02-15-2006, 5:35 PM
Had a great time meeting everyone.
Drank too much coffee, spent to much at the show.
Show was a lot better than the KC show.
Afterwards there were 8 of us that went out to dinner. Ate way too much, and had a miserable 4 hour ride home.:( :o :D
Also kept running through patches of snow, had to slow down to 70.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hit Johns house about 11:30, sacked out there till sunday, then home another 1 1/2 hour trip.

Jim Dunn
02-15-2006, 8:24 PM
Steve you can blame that big fellow who was setting next to ya. He's all about coffee:)

Had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you and John.

Jim

Tom Sontag
02-15-2006, 9:55 PM
...(I ain't wearing no skirt in public)...

Three times I have told myself to just let this one go, but I don't think I can. I just want to point out to Jim that NOBODY is asking about what he wears in private....:rolleyes:

I wish I could have joined in on the coffee sessions. I missed my pot per day each day. It was great meeting everyone but the traffic I dealt with was a little overwhelming sometimes; I am sorry if next time I cannot remember a name.

Jim, I sure would like to see what you come up with out of those red maple pieces.

Jim Dunn
02-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Let it go:) Tom look at the turning forum under "bowl progress" or "my first bowl" (don't know how to post links) you'll see that I put one piece to the tools already.

I actually figured I've been called on the skirt thing before know:eek::eek::eek: I'm Irish not Scottish and besides their called kilts.;)
Jim