PDA

View Full Version : LOML Gloats

Norman Hitt
02-11-2006, 5:13 PM
Since the LOML's have been in the Highlights somewhat lately, I guess I should take this opportunity to post a couple of my LOML's recent gloats, AND try to get a little experience with my x-mas present, a Nikon 4600 COOLPIX, (which I definitely haven't gotten up to speed on yet).:o

First, she was Nominated and accepted, for the "Fourth Time" in the last 10 years, in the "Who's Who Among American Teachers", (more than once is somewhat rare we have been told).

Second, it seems that her Lincoln with 130.000 + miles has recently started a trend of self destruction, Sooooooooo......yesterday she finally beat the Salesman into Submission and purchased a Brand New, (but 2005 model) Mercury Grand Marquis LS, Anniversary Edition. Except for the exterior chrome and slight differences of the interior trim, it is basically the same car as a new Lincoln, BUT WITHOUT the AIR RIDE SUSPENSION, which we both said we would never buy again, (just too expensive to maintain, AND we didn't like the handling either). The 2005 Model looks the same as the 2006, and since we normally drive a car many years any more, the year model isn't important especially considering the initial savings. I must say, it is real nice, and "amazingly", after trying out two others, she actually ended up buying the One that had struck MY Fancy the first time I walked on the lot. I gave her a few tips to start out, and then just observed the process, and I'll say thatr her negotiating skills have really improved over the years. (It's nice to see Positive Results from one's Tutoring, occassionally).;)

I'll try to post a pic I took of the LOML and Salesman when she took delivery. Hope it works.

Jim Becker
02-11-2006, 6:09 PM
Wow, she got balloons, too! Congrats on the new wheels...a comfortable ride is always a nice thing.

Jim O'Dell
02-11-2006, 6:29 PM
Norman, you have purchased what I believe is the best priced four door big car available. It is the same frame and drive train as the Town Car. It is even available with the air suspension, for those that prefer that ride.
Congrats on the new car. I think you are both going to love it. Jim.

In the sense of full disclosure, I will let you know that I'm a Lincoln Mercury Service Advisor. Am I biased? Yes. :D

Norman Hitt
02-11-2006, 9:25 PM
Wow, she got balloons, too! Congrats on the new wheels...a comfortable ride is always a nice thing.

Yeah, Jim, the Salesman really had a lot of fun with the LOML, since we had been there three times, and she had really gotten sick during the Negotiations the second time, so he said the "Red Headed Lady" really deserved something special for her perseverance.:D He even gave it a quick wash Himself, AND "FILLED" the gas tank for her since the cleanup guys were already gone for the day, and said bring it back next week so they could give it a Good Wash job. You're sure right about having a Reliable AND COMFORTABLE "RIDE".

Jim O'Dell : Quote;

Norman, you have purchased what I believe is the best priced four door big car available. It is the same frame and drive train as the Town Car. It is even available with the air suspension, for those that prefer that ride.
Congrats on the new car. I think you are both going to love it. Jim.

That was my thoughts too, Jim. It has plenty of room for three of us and all the "Stuff" we seem to take with us for the 350 mile trip to see the girls in Highland Village and really is a nice car for the money. Her last two cars had been Town Cars, and we Definitely wanted to stay with our Local Ford Dealership for service, as I truly believe they give the Best Service of any dealership in West Texas, and we have really been pleased with them.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-11-2006, 9:29 PM
Norman,

Tell your wife congrats on the car but............that pales with respect to her professional award!

For that tell her I said.......................CONGRATS!

Norman Hitt
02-11-2006, 9:52 PM
Norman,

Tell your wife congrats on the car but............that pales with respect to her professional award!

For that tell her I said.......................CONGRATS!

Thanks, Ken, I'll certainly pass it along. It is kinda interesting how they are selected. They have to be nominated by one of their "Current, or Former Students", (and you never know which one or ones):confused: , and the nominations are only accepted from "Outstanding Students", such as National Honor Society students, Or students that have been recognized for outstanding performance in Community Service, Leadership, Athletics, or have created a "Name" for themselves for their accomplishments after leaving school, etc. She is always amazed that her students keep Nominating her, because she says that most students normally think of 64 yr Old Teachers as "Old Fogeys" and normally Bond more with younger teachers.

I've always been Proud of her for the way she Pushes her Students to Learn, Achieve and Succeed.

Bryan Somers
02-12-2006, 12:45 PM
She is always amazed that her students keep Nominating her, because she says that most students normally think of 64 yr Old Teachers as "Old Fogeys" and normally Bond more with younger teachers.

Students will bond with teachers they respect.

I believe spending time in that proffesion deserves an applause just in itself, but to have those proffesional awards go along with it calls for a double tip of the hat. Congratulations to the LOYL

Ken Fitzgerald
02-12-2006, 2:02 PM
I live in what's called "teacher's road".....a play off "tobacco road".....my youngest son couldn't do anything in school without us knowing about it before he got home. Numerous neighbors are now retired from teaching. From my own experience and from what I've observed in the neighborhood, Bryan's exactly right! Often the ones most respected were the ones that demand discipline, treat all fairly and challenge those students to work and study!

Vaughn McMillan
02-12-2006, 5:23 PM
Congrats on both gloats. My dad made a similar move (from the Lincoln to the Mercury) a few years ago, and he's been happy with the switch. (He also complained about the cost of maintaining he air ride in the Lincoln). And four times on the Who's Who list is a very gloatworty occasion, too.

- Vaughn

Corey Hallagan
02-12-2006, 8:41 PM
Congrats, on both accounts! Looks like a nice car!

Corey

Norman Hitt
02-13-2006, 5:01 AM
I let the LOML read the comments from all of you, and she says THANKS for the Congratulations. She said it is amazing to get get congratulations from nice people she doesn't even know from my WW forum, and especially since her own "School Management" has NEVER seen fit to even mention it in any way, even though they get an Official Notification From the Who's Who Headquarters, but unfortunately, that is how a lot of School's Management treat the Teachers these days in a lot of places.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-13-2006, 5:23 AM
Hey Norm, nice car, VERY nice, and the award that you wife has "Earned" for the fourth time speaks for itself.

My family is full of teachers, so I know what it takes to be a good, one, you have to give of yourself, and demand of your students.

The teachers I still respect are the ones that would not ever take my "Good Enough" effort, but would toss it back in my face and say "That's it...? I KNOW you can do MUCH better than that!" Those teachers I ended up having the MOST respect for, even though at the time I tended to think they were picking on me. My Mom (being an ex teacher herself) would always say "If they hated you, or did not care about you, they would not bother to push you" and she was right.

Again, Kudos to you LOML and congrats on the new wheels, I bet than car is just a pleasure to drive on the highway, makes those trips to see family much more bearable.

Cheers!