PDA

View Full Version : Look

John D Watson
02-11-2006, 3:08 PM
Hi Y'all,
Have been reading here for a while now and have learned much, as well as just enjoying the forum in general. Now, I've been working on this box for a time now and have come to a stand still.3162531626
the plans call for a 3/8 radious on the top and bottom edges all around31628 I cannot for the life of me round off all the edges. I was thinking along the lines of brass protective corners to go along with the rest of the brass HW.31629 And last but not least, you can see that I swiped some shellac on to see what she'd look like. I would like to highlight the grain, bring out the natural reds, and not darken it as that will happen with age. I have tested a number of stains and have as of yet found anything to bring out the red. I'm trying to avoid that Bombay RED, yet would like to add some color to the mahogany. Has anyone had any experience with coloring mahogany. Oh, I plan on top coating with shellac and wax. Any and all opinions and comment will be greatly accepted. 32285

Well, I just said do it and did. Mixed my own stain and contoured the top edge only. Now for some finish and drawer instalation. Wish me luck.