PDA

View Full Version : Grizzley G0453 Planer Question

Joe Johnson
02-11-2006, 1:41 PM
If any of you have this planer, perhaps you can help. I'm planning to buy this unit but will have to move it up 6 stairs to get to my shop. At approx. 600 lbs. this will be difficult. Can the planer be separated into two pieces that would be more manageable?
Thanks
Joe

Vernon Foster
02-11-2006, 8:03 PM
Hey Joe, I sent you a PM telling you how I seperated the one I got---did you not see?:) If you want I can re-send. Vernon

Jim Becker
02-11-2006, 8:38 PM
Vernon, how about posting the method here so others can benefit in the future? ;) And welcome to the 'Creek!

Vernon Foster
02-12-2006, 1:27 AM
Jim, Thanks for the welcome, I like to do a lot of reading, but don't post alot-as you can tell by the number of post. Anyway on the GO453 I went and picked up one from the Springfield store one week ago friday, this thing weighs in at around six hundred after its been uncrated. I had to remove the planer from the base-held on with four 1/2 " bolts and remove the belt guard and belts so my son and I could get it off the truck and into the basement, Its still real heavy apart, but manageable. Joe asked about this on another forum and I going into my stupid mode did not catch the fact I was on the wrong one. Thats why I posted what I did--before thinking.:o The finish on this machine I think is real nice and other than bed rollers and table extensions adjustments I did none other and got the snipe down to that of my 734 Dewalt. Again, Thanks for the Welcome Vernon

Marcus Ward
02-12-2006, 1:32 AM
You could take the base off but I don't know if that'll make enough of a difference. If you get 4 stout men to each grab one of the lift handles you will probably be okay. I hear the Pittsburg Steelers aren't doing anything right now. Seriously, moving this thing is a hernia waiting to happen. We had a devil of a time getting mine off the trailer (1' off the ground) and into the shop safely. And the trailer was IN the shop!

Joe Meazle
02-12-2006, 1:46 AM
Vernon,
Welcome, I do more reading than posting too. what part of Arkansas do you call home? I am in Conway as are several other Creekers.
Joe

Vernon Foster
02-12-2006, 1:50 AM
dropping the base off made it so my son and I could take it off a pickup and carry into our basement shop, the main planer was still 400-450 lbs---

Live about five miles south of Eureka Springs, Love it here. Vernon

Joe Meazle
02-12-2006, 1:53 AM
V,
That is a great part of the state. You have several creekers up your way too but you probally know that.
Joe