PDA

View Full Version : An Idea I came up with on a cold Winter's day

Bob Weisner
02-11-2006, 1:27 PM
:D

Maybe it is CABIN FEVER:eek: :confused: :o , but I came up with this idea for a sawdust storage bin for outside of the workshop in the shape of the old Unidilla(SP?) wood silos:cool: It is just on the drawing board right now. What do you think? Would something like this work for holding sawdust? Building a wood silo would be the easy part. The hard part would be to find and or custom make a silo unloader that would be scaled down in size to fit it. Like i said, it must be CABIN FEVER!!:o :o :o

tod evans
02-11-2006, 1:31 PM
bob, let me know your thoughts. i have a couple sections of auger that i hope to use to empty my dust bin when it fills. scheduled for installation this summer time permitting...02 tod

Reg Mitchell
02-11-2006, 2:13 PM
hey guys....are you gonna empty that often....Would it be safe< I mean spontanious combustion would be something to think about. I know there have been barns around here burned to the ground from hay doing that.

tod evans
02-11-2006, 3:27 PM
hey guys....are you gonna empty that often....Would it be safe< I mean spontanious combustion would be something to think about. I know there have been barns around here burned to the ground from hay doing that.

reg, right now i do the snow shovel trash can thing and pay to have a dumpster tipped. my intentions are to use augers to transport the waste to the dumpster. i have no intentoin of stockpiling sawdust, bobs statement about "unloaders" is what piqued my interest. on a busy week i`ll have a 3yrd dumpster tipped every day, that`s about 20-25 trashcans per day! so i`m really interested in this concept....02 tod