PDA

View Full Version : MM16 Owners - What's in YOUR Saw ?

Doug Shepard
02-11-2006, 8:46 AM
Thought I'd better start a separate post with this question, but it's the same question as on the tail end of the thread I started about the electrical switch problem.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=30647

Back when MM thought I had an undervoltage problem they told me to dial the switch down from 30A to 25A. Once I discovered I had 238V I thought it best to leave it alone so I never looked that closely at the switch or dial. After getting the switch swapped out yesterday I get looking closer and realized the new switch is not the same as the old one. Of course I discover this after MM is once again closed for the weekend so I emailed them. We'll see what they say Monday.

The old switch has AEG Part Nbr 910-201-211 and says "16..20A" and the dial was set at 20A.
The new switch has AEG P/N 910-201-212 and says "20..25A". The dial came set at 20A and so far I haven't changed it. The saw now powers up but I haven't done any cutting yet to put it under load with the new switch.
So based on MM's initial advice I'm wondering if I'm supposed to have a switch that says "25..30A" ??
Any MM16 owners care to pop the switch cover on theirs and see what AEG P/N and amp range their switch is (and what it's set on)?

tod evans
02-11-2006, 9:02 AM
doug, mine`s the old style. switch is set at 18amps, motor is rated at 16.8 amps and my line voltage is 242......02 tod

Chris Rosenberger
02-11-2006, 9:18 AM
Doug,
The dial sets the overload protection for the motor. It should be set close to the listed motor rated amps. I have an MM20. The motor is rated at 22.4 amps & the dial is set half way between 20 & 25.