PDA

View Full Version : Wooden snowflakes

Phil Maddox
02-11-2006, 8:02 AM
I remember seeing an article in "American Woodworking" magazine (when it was still good);) written by :cool:Frank Klaus:) on making wooden snowflakes on the tablesaw.

Does anyone remember this issue? I can't find it on the AW website, they mostly deal with the post BH&G stuff.

Thanks

Tony Falotico
02-11-2006, 8:49 AM
Phil, I recall making some for a show about 7- 8yrs ago where you mill sticks about a foot long, glue 'em together into a milled log with the x-section being a snowflake, then slicing each flake off, just like you would slice a salami. They were great seller's.

I don't remember which mag it was in, I'm guessing Wood that long ago. If that's similar to what you are looking for let me know and I'll try to find it. As I said it was many years ago when I was doing shows, can't gaurentee that I will be able to find it, but I am willing to look for ya'.

Earl Reid
02-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi, Phil,

I made about a hundred of them when the article was publised. Last night while looking through we found some that were left. I made them from different kinds of wood and plywood. I stll have some of the strips in the shop. Some of the people still remind me of the flakes. They made nice little gifts. good luck.
Earl

Lee DeRaud
02-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Some of the people still remind me of the flakes.I resemble that remark.:D :cool: :p