PDA

View Full Version : for those who have been to the WW shows

Jason Wulff
02-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know if there is a vendor selling the PM 3520B at the Woodworking Shows? It will be in Milwaukee in two weeks. I thought I was buying one today when I drove up to Woodworker's Depot in Green Bay only to find out they have two 3520A, no plans to get the B model, and they want $2600 for one. When I called two weeks ago they said they had the B model. The manager would not deal on the price. Told him good luck selling those machines for that price. From my research, I thought everyone was sold out of the A model, but the few employees I spoke with was clueless when I tried to explain the A model has been replaced by the B model, blah, blah, blah.

If they do not sell the PM at the WW shows, what source on the internet is most reliable with quick shipping?

Thanks everyone

Ernie Nyvall
02-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Amazon has the B and they shipped my A real fast.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BX1JPQ/qid=1139627599/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-2075695-4241736?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=228013

Ernie

David Wood
02-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Jason,

I'm also in the market for the 3520B. I suggest calling Toolnut.com. From what I've seen on other forums, they will beat any price out there, so be prepared to give them the lowest deal you've found. I'm probably going to take the lathe purchase a little more seriously in the next couple of weeks. Let me know what they quote you.

HTH
Dave

Dave Wimmer
02-11-2006, 7:37 AM
Call The Tool Nut (www.toolnut.com (http://www.toolnut.com)) Usually best price and free shipping.

Gary Max
02-11-2006, 8:01 AM
When I bought my Powermatic I shopped the net for the best price and them went to Amazon and let them beat the price plus 10% of the difference. There's a woodworking supply in Nashville TN that has great prices on Powermatic stuff ---they get the returns and reconditioned stuff they may be worth looking at also. If you calll them you want to speak to the owner and tell him you are a member of Sawmill Creek---he knows Ken Salisbury.
I think they are called ----General Industrial Supply

John Shuk
02-11-2006, 8:23 AM
Another vote for Toolnut. I'm lucky in that their brick and mortar store is in my backyard. They get my bucks. They are a bunch of great guys. I'm also lucky to have a co-worker whose wife works there.

Jim Becker
02-11-2006, 10:36 AM
To your original question, there may be a local reseller at the show who sells PM, but there is no guarantee that they will have something at the show available for immediate delivery. Further, there may be little pricing incentive. If you are convinced you want that particular machine, just do some shopping...the vendors mentioned in this thread have a rep for lowest prices on the PM machine.

Cecil Arnold
02-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Jason I tried General Industrial Supply looking for a scratch and dent. They didn't have one but still beat Amazon, with free shipping, direct from PM--that was a 3520a a couple of years ago.

Jason Wulff
02-11-2006, 3:16 PM
Thanks to everyone. I just ordered from the Toolnut, nearly $200 cheaper than what I was finding. They did say residential dropoff will like be an additional charge directly with the freight company, normally around $70 according their estimation. I've never made a big purchase such as this which requires shipping but I"m still saving enough to make it worthwhile.

They were very friendly and helpful. Assuming no major snags, I'll be looking to them for future purchases.

Pete Jordan
02-27-2006, 8:43 PM
Hi,
I ordered the 3520B today from ToolNut for $2570. That includes shipping and no tax. You might have to pay for liftgate service if you need it.

good luck!
Pete