PDA

View Full Version : What did you folks do to me???????????OR...

Ken Fitzgerald
02-10-2006, 4:33 PM
Jim Ketron would be proud of me?

So I leave home to work on an MR scanner.......2 blocks away I find myself pulling off the road.........you're trimming those limbs off that maple?.......You're not going to feed that to that terrible chipper are you? If I begged a little could I beat you out of that one limb?.............See photo#1

I get back home from working on that MR scanner and look what Fedex had delivered to my house!.........It's a shame the grinders back ordered until after the 20th of February!.............See photo #2

3rdly..........see the photo #3 as proof of what Vaughn sent me......I'm getting there......chariot wheels......1st turning project...... :D John....you'd better find a source for Trigger!

Daddy I want a horsey!

Carl Eyman
02-10-2006, 4:43 PM
Ken: You mean they've been sending you turning tools that are not sharp? How cruel can one be? Send em right back, freight collect, and tell them you only accept sharp tools.

John Hart
02-10-2006, 5:38 PM
Ahhh...what a terrible life you lead Mr. Fitzgerald :D Feeling the vortex tugging on your sleeve do ya?

Itty-Bitty Chariot Wheels Do Not Equal a Full Grown Palamino

Cecil Arnold
02-10-2006, 5:52 PM
Another few months and you'll have your flat tools up for sale.

Bernie Weishapl
02-10-2006, 6:08 PM
Golly Ken ain't life terrible. What these guys won't do to you. I really feel sorry for you. NOT!:eek:

Looks like you got a pretty good sized limb there Ken. Nice tools and a good grinding jig. Congrats.

Jim Ketron
02-10-2006, 6:27 PM
Ken Its funny I'm always looking for downed trees and soon you will be on the look out 24-7 also!:D
Congrats on all the goodies!

Travis Stinson
02-10-2006, 6:50 PM
I'm proud of you Ken. Not even a hint of resistance.;)
Go ahead and give your flat tools a good wax job, push them all in the corner and throw a cover over them. Well, you might want to keep the TS in view, makes a handy finish, blank, etc. storage table.:cool: Keep practicing your scouting skills, before you know it, you'll be able to spot burls 100 yards through the woods at 70 mph.:D

Corey Hallagan
02-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Way to go, you will have wood spinning soon!

Corey

Ernie Nyvall
02-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Yep... next you'll be driving around after a storm.:D

Ernie

Mark Singer
02-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Sorry Ken, start producing!;)

Andy Hoyt
02-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Ken - You're doing fine.

Don't worry until you eye that nice maple in the neighbors front yard.

And then stop worrying the day he ticks you off.

Jim Dunn
02-11-2006, 7:34 AM
Hey that's my tree trunk:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: When did you get the time to drive to Missouri??

Carole Valentine
02-11-2006, 9:23 AM
You may discover that turrning can be hazardous to your health even outside the shop! Can't tell you how many times I have almost run off the road looking at a downed tree or burl in the woods along the highway.:o:D:D:D It's all part of the "sickness" and there is no cure. :)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Ken - You're doing fine.

Don't worry until you eye that nice maple in the neighbors front yard.

And then stop worrying the day he ticks you off.

OK, I've been doing this already.... :o no one better tick me off :D

Ken, you are lucky, I've got the bed for my lathe, the motor and step pulley, a grinder (got to build the jig), and the basic turning tools, and a whole bunch of wood to turn...... :mad: :mad: :mad:

When I'm done with the wood lot, I'm going to be looking for a small engine chainsaw, maybe a 16" bar, with a case, and I'm putting it in my van.

The other day, we went out in the countryside for a visit to this farm, along the mountain road there was a downed tree, about 8" to 10" thick, it had been cut into pieces about 8' long and rolled off the road......... I slowed down and my wife said "Don't you dare....." so I drove on....:o

Yep, Ken we are both hooked!!!!

Ain't it cool!!

Jim Becker
02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Ken...I tell you...being a turner means that the "bowls on the hoof" along the road are more dangerous than a hand-held cell phone when you are driving... ;)

Dale Thompson
02-11-2006, 9:33 PM
Ken,
Turning green wood is GREAT fun! :) You get those LOOONNNGGG shavings that cover and stick to everything - including the floor. You and your shield also get "slobbered" with all of that moisture from the wood. :cool: Some woods like Apple and Cherry give out an aroma better than an Opium Den. :cool: Others, like White Oak, aren't quite as "intoxicating". :(

Whatever, if you don't wipe off your shoes before you walk on your wife's carpeting, it would be a good idea to be carrying a copy of your signed Death Certificate! :( :cool: :D

Dale T.