PDA

View Full Version : Target Coating's Information

Richard McComas
02-10-2006, 3:09 PM
I’m trying to find information on Target Coatings product. I have dug around their site several times but can’t seem to find the following types of information.

What is the recommended or maximum mill thickness per coat and how many total mills for the recommended number of coats for their products?

How many coats?

Drying times before sanding and re-coating?

What are the shop temperature and humidity recommendations?

I’m interested in both the lacquer and CV.

Larry Fox
02-10-2006, 4:30 PM
IIRC, numbers 3 and 4 are anwered on the can. I think the best option would be to pick up the phone and give them a call. Jim Becker and others recommended their products to me a bit ago. I have tried them and they are wonderful. I have called them several times to ask some technical questions and the people I have gotten on the phone - actual PEOPLE and on the first try each time mind-you - have been very helpful. One of my questions required the tech to look something up. He said that in order to be considerate of my time he would look it up and call me back. Guess what - he did. Very big fan of theirs so far - great to deal with.

Jim Becker
02-10-2006, 5:52 PM
Yes, either call them on the phone or email Jeff Weiss from their site. They are VERY helpful people.

Alan Mikkelsen
02-12-2006, 5:58 PM
Jeff Weiss, company president and web site moderater at TargetCoatings.com talks quite a bit about mil thickness and application. There's also a handy user guide available on the home page.