PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Desk

Byron Trantham
02-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, I finally finished it. It's done in poplar and birch plywood. The finish is Fuhr acrylic primer and acrylic varnish tinted white. I had to match existing Kitchen cabinets. The profile on the drawer fronts matched pretty closely. I used pocket holes for assembly. I hope to deliver it next weekend.

Oh, I forgot; the top will be coriane. The client is going to have someone else make the top. I am not fimiliar with working with coriane and the top will be quite intricate.

Tom Jones III
02-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Looks good, interesting design. I guess you noticed that the drawer fronts don't go all the way across? I don't think I've ever seen one like that before.

Byron Trantham
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Looks good, interesting design. I guess you noticed that the drawer fronts don't go all the way across? I don't think I've ever seen one like that before.

Tom, there were a couple unusual design requirements. The client wanted book shelves, filling drawers and pencil drawers. Also their existing kitchen chairs, with arms, had to slide into the knee hole. Adding all this up, we get what we get; two narrow book shelves, two filing drawers, two pencil drawer, one on the left and one on the right, rather than in the middle and two "medium depth" drawers. This whole thing fits into an existing Bay Window. The guy that makes the top is really going to have fun!:rolleyes: I just sent him the pics and I can't wait to see what he says. He is demanding.:eek: