PDA

View Full Version : Saw Blade

Ray Petri
02-10-2006, 9:51 AM
Noticed today that Woodpeckers has a 10' Ridge blade on sale for $89. Does anyoone have any experience with these?

scott spencer
02-10-2006, 11:49 AM
The RC is the first blade that I thought truly compared to my WWII. I did get a bit more burning with it than the WWII, but raising the blade seemed to help. Excellent general purp blade IMHO. Haven't tried the Freud F410 or Tenryu Gold Medal for comparison yet....

Brian Dormer
02-10-2006, 1:53 PM
I've been real happy with Freud (and their other brand, Avanti) blades. At amazon they are about 50 bucks, depending on the number of teeth and whether you want the red teflon coating. I have a 60T thin-kerf coated blade on my chop saw and it leaves glass-smooth cuts. I wanted a 60T thin-kerf for the table saw with the coating, but couldn't find one in stock at the time, so I have an uncoated blade at the moment. Cuts smooth, but not as smooth as the coated blade.

bd

Michael Ballent
02-10-2006, 3:31 PM
Just an observation, but I am surprised that you say that cut is smoother with the coated version than the uncoated one... When you cut you should not be touching the main part of the blade, so I am not sure why you are getting smoother cuts with the coated blade. Are they built differently?

I've been real happy with Freud (and their other brand, Avanti) blades. At amazon they are about 50 bucks, depending on the number of teeth and whether you want the red teflon coating. I have a 60T thin-kerf coated blade on my chop saw and it leaves glass-smooth cuts. I wanted a 60T thin-kerf for the table saw with the coating, but couldn't find one in stock at the time, so I have an uncoated blade at the moment. Cuts smooth, but not as smooth as the coated blade.

bd