PDA

View Full Version : Would You Hire this Cabinetmaker?

Roy Hatch
02-10-2006, 9:05 AM
Today's news has this article about a cabinetmaker who hit the big times.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/08/harrison.ford/index.html

Roy

Ken Fitzgerald
02-10-2006, 9:22 AM
I'm sure his rates would be too high for me to afford!:D

Lee DeRaud
02-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm sure his rates would be too high for me to afford!:DYeah, his carpentry rates may be high, but his last paying customer was George Lucas...not quite Bill Gates, but close enough.:p

Joe Pelonio
02-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, his carpentry rates may be high, but his last paying customer was George Lucas...not quite Bill Gates, but close enough.:p
As long as you brought it up, I do have something I made in Bill Gates' home. It was back in the mid 90's when he built his mansion, the alarm company came in and had me do the faceplate for the controls for his alarm system. I had to swear to delete the file after it was made. Then
just yesterday I finished a big job for one of Paul Allen's Seattle properties. Unfortunately, being maybe too honest and pricipaled,
I never try to scalp people on prices just because it's for a millionaire.

Michael Ballent
02-10-2006, 1:57 PM
Some people get discovered at Hollywood and Vine and others are discovered while working wood ;) Norm Abrams was tapped on the shoulder while working on the Morash's house... The rest is history. :D

Lee DeRaud
02-10-2006, 2:23 PM
As long as you brought it up, I do have something I made in Bill Gates' home. It was back in the mid 90's when he built his mansion, the alarm company came in and had me do the faceplate for the controls for his alarm system. I had to swear to delete the file after it was made. Then
just yesterday I finished a big job for one of Paul Allen's Seattle properties. Unfortunately, being maybe too honest and pricipaled,
I never try to scalp people on prices just because it's for a millionaire."B" as in "billionaire" oughta be worth at least one extra zero on the price...:D

john whittaker
02-10-2006, 4:12 PM
Hey Roy... I live close to you. If you want a "cheap" cabinet maker....I'll do it for half of what Mr Ford got to do his last film. :D
On second thought maybe not....must stay out of the public eye. I would hate to be "discovered";)