PDA

View Full Version : A New House-Update #19 Long-With Pix

Karl Laustrup
02-09-2006, 10:23 PM
February 9th, 2006

It was another cold one this morning. 11 degrees, but the roof trusses are on. The pictures only show a portion that was completed before I had to leave around noon thirty. Stopped back in on our way to get our taxes done [:) ] and the trusses were complete. Facia and roof sheathing tomorrow.

Bad news is we are getting snow tonight. :mad: Weather says only about an inch, but that'll be on the floor as there is no roof sheathing in place. I'm thinking I'll go up early in the morning and get out the leaf blower and just blow it out the doors. If I could get it in, I'd drive the JD with the snow blower through. :D :D

Man, next week is going to show some big changes, at least on the outside. Roofer is scheduled for Tuesday and the windows are scheduled to be delivered that day also. Wednesday the HVAC guys are scheduled for their rough in work and on Thursday the sub that does the siding will start the siding. So by the end of next week the house should be enclosed and look like a house from the outside. :) Well, except for the lawn. :( Oh yeah, I got the box open. Now I'm trying to figure out what it is. ;) :D

Thanks for looking. Oh, and tomorrow will mark 24 days since the first crunch was taken in the old house. Amazing.

Karl

Keith Starosta
02-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Karl, I am amazed at what is happening with that place. You are very fortunate to have a crew like that! Congrats on the progress, and I look forward to more pics next week.

Keith

Anthony Anderson
02-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Karl, they are making very good time. It is looking really good, and you will be in there in no time. What is the expected move in date? Congratulations, Bill

Tyler Howell
02-09-2006, 11:49 PM
They are Smokin!!!! Go Karl.

Bart Leetch
02-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Looking good Karl.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Karl....your crew is making good progress, the weather has been cooperating! You should have a weather proof building by Tuesday! Lookin' good!

Tom Drake
02-10-2006, 6:19 AM
They are making great progress Karl. You have a very good crew on the job.

Karl Laustrup
02-10-2006, 6:27 AM
What is the expected move in date?

When I asked Brian, from the GC, about move in he said two months from the time framing is done. House will be totally enclosed by next week, soooooo I'm hoping for mid April.

Karl

Jeff Sudmeier
02-10-2006, 8:53 AM
Looking great Karl! Don't worry too much about the snow, that floor sheeting they use is very adept to getting water on it, doesn't swell to bad at all... It is a good idea to get the snow off of it ASAP but we built a house once where it poured down rain for about a week, basement was flooded etc...

We let it dry out and there still isn't a problem with the house to this day. The guy I worked for had to take out a bonded thingamajig to insure there wouldn't be problems later, but it was cheaper then re-doing the sheeting he said... (Glad I just worked for the guy!)

Jim Becker
02-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Man...they are smokin' that job! Great progress, Karl.

John Miliunas
02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Awesome progress, Karl! :D OK, now I'm still trying to get a better vision of this; Can I assume the "L" part is going to be the finishing room or are you planning for lumber storage there? :confused: Did you ask the GC when they're starting on the house itself??? :confused: :D (Lookin' good, dude!:) ):cool:

Jerry Olexa
02-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Karl: you guys are speed demons....Glad its going so well...Most ply (unless its Ext grade) can handle 1 or 2 wettings. After that, it gets iffy. I'd probably blow it off too if I could. Looking good..:)

David Fried
02-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Karl,

It really looks like a house now! Windows, siding, and roofing and it will look like a completed house!! Bet you can't wait to move back in.

Dave Fried

Bryan Somers
02-10-2006, 4:47 PM
WOW!!! Those sticks are going up fast. Looks like you sure picked the right contractor. Sure is nice to have "can do" people working with you. The last contractor I hired would quit if he saw more than 2 clouds in the sky. Keep the updates coming.