PDA

View Full Version : Outfeed table pics

Anthony Yakonick
02-09-2006, 9:46 PM
My version copied from everyone. Still needs legs, any thoughts?

Anthony Yakonick
02-09-2006, 9:48 PM
in a month or so it will look like this full time;)

Dennis Peacock
02-09-2006, 9:53 PM
Hey Anthony,

Pretty cool trick cutting all those "round" things on the TS.!!!!:p

Very nice outfeed table. I need to do up one for my TS....but that's on the list still.:o :D Excellent job well done sir.;)

Jim Becker
02-10-2006, 10:10 AM
in a month or so it will look like this full time;)

Didn't I predict that when you announced you bought the saw??? :D :D :D

I used some leg hardware from Rockler and 2"x2" poplar to make the legs for my outfeed table...with height adjustment feet from the same source. I may have put the part numbers on the plans on my site. I don't remember.

Byron Trantham
02-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Nice looking table. I used legs with adjustable feet so I could level it. Mine is a fold-down so the legs are mounted with bolts that allow the legs to be folded into itself so I can move the table.:o

Mike Wilkins
02-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Very, very nice indeed. I made a similar extension for my TS, using the smaller extension attached to the saw, and a piano hinge for the larger, fold down table. I got some folding leg brackets from Lee Valley to attach the legs to the folding table, and levelers for my less than flat floor.
Not only does this add table capacity to my saw's outfeed, it is usually the place where projects are assembled.
Just don't forget to wax the table.

John Miliunas
02-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Anthony, nice table and really essential in any turner's shop! I'm not sure I would've gone with a cast iron top for the front part, though. What's that green thing under it???:D :D :D :cool:

Jerry Bittner
02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Very nice. Been thinking of doing that along with many other pending ideas.

Did you do it from a plan or entirely your own design?

I'd like to see a source(s) for constructing something similar. Anybody have any advice as to where I might obtain a plan?

As always, thanks in advance

Alan Mikkelsen
02-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I took appropriate lengths of 1" black steel pipe, threaded on one end and welded a 1/2" nut into the bottom of the other end. Then I screwed floor flanges to the bottom of the outfeed table and screwed the pipe into them. A 1/2" bolt with a locking nut on the other end then allowed me to level everything perfectly. Worked great, but then again, I have a welder! :D :D :D

Byron Trantham
02-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Here is mine -

http://www.wooddreams.net/images/Big_Images/Shop/Shop/24outfeed_table.JPG

I made it so it would drop down out of the way. It's made from 3/4" MDF and laminate. The bolts that attach the top of the legs are tight enough to hold them in place when they are folded but loose enough to drop them down.

Aaron Montgomery
02-10-2006, 12:34 PM
My Unisaw outfeed table:

http://home.insightbb.com/~apmonte/OutfeedTable.html

Brian Gray
02-11-2006, 3:59 PM
Nice work, Anthony! Bears a striking resemblance to mine, which still needs legs also. Reading this thread reminded me that I relied heavily on Jim Becker's web site for design inspiration. A quick review of Jim's site now answered my quandry on the legs - I either missed it before or just plain forgot (which is more likely). Thanks, Jim!

Noel Hegan
02-11-2006, 8:47 PM
Here's mine, pretty much the same as others:
And the leg arrangement:
Rgds

Noel

Corey Hallagan
02-11-2006, 8:47 PM
That is a good looking outfeed table. Everybody's outfeed tables look great.

Corey

Anthony Yakonick
02-11-2006, 9:57 PM
Thanks all, I'll get to the legs this week I hope.