PDA

View Full Version : Photos on flexible media??

Bob Kline
02-09-2006, 7:25 PM
If I wanted to engrave a photo on a label and attach that label to my grandson's sippy cup --- is there a product that would work in that situation? Forget for the time being the dishwasher effect.
Bob kline

Shaddy Dedmore
02-09-2006, 8:04 PM
Thin anodized Aluminum with adhesive on back? Laserlights from Rowmark?

Haven't tried photo's. Aluminum would need to be cut, I don't think lasers can cut it even though it's really thin...

Shaddy

Rodne Gold
02-09-2006, 10:50 PM
The spectrum lights product (could be romark now) works for this.

Joe Pelonio
02-10-2006, 7:58 AM
Laserlites work, have done logos for hardhats with it. You can also engrave on white adhesive vinyl (sign vinyl) and it looks about like
doing a tile, sort of brown but photos come out nice. You could
try painting a circle of contrasting color onto the cup and engrave the photo onto that. Even without the rotary attachment you can do an
image about 1"-1.5" with decent results, only the edges will start to become fuzzy if you manually focus to half way between the high and
low spots.

Barbara Buhse
02-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I have tried engraving photos onto the rowmark plastic, but unless its just a two or three color photo, like a black and white graphic, I have found that the dust is hard to clean off without smearing in the picture. (even when using air assist). Sounds like a lot of work for a sippy cup...
if you decide to paint on it and engrave, make sure you check what the cup is made of... I don't think sippy cups are pvc, but you never know.

Barbara