PDA

View Full Version : A New House-Update #18 Long-With Pix

Karl Laustrup
02-08-2006, 7:06 PM
February 8th, 2006

Well, gang it was cold again this morning. 12 dddeeegreees. At least the wind stayed down. And the sun did peek out for a while which helped make it feel nicer.

Today was more of the same. Tying the interior walls together and bracing all the interior walls in preparation of the trusses. Also, cutting out the windows and finishing the sheathing on the outside. I continued to work on the big box in the garage and kept the garage warm for the guys for their break and lunch. I've almost figured out how to get that big box open. Soon. ;) :D

I also asked Benny about just putting the walls up without sheathing. It's mostly because of ease of tilting the sections into place with just three of them. I can attest that there were a couple of sections that were really heavy with out the sheathing. I helped with those. They were the ones with the large windows and the massive headers.

Anyway, check out the pictures. I had a birds eye view for these.

Thanks for looking.

Karl

Corey Hallagan
02-08-2006, 7:48 PM
Wow, it is really coming along Karl. They sure turned that stack of lumber quickly. I take it WAS enough lumber! Soon the trusses are up and they get that roofing on and it will go real fast!

Corey

Dave Richards
02-08-2006, 7:55 PM
Karl, although I haven't been adding posts to your updates, I've been looking at them and enjoying them. Things are coming along nicely. Ought to be ready to move in by the end of the week. ;)

Karl Laustrup
02-08-2006, 8:08 PM
Wow, it is really coming along Karl. They sure turned that stack of lumber quickly. I take it WAS enough lumber! Soon the trusses are up and they get that roofing on and it will go real fast!

Corey

Funny you should mention that Corey. When the original pile was delivered, I mentioned to Brian from the GC, that I didn't think it looked like enough to build a house. I was kidding of course while he assured me it was enough.

Well, I got the last laugh as they had to order up more 2x6's to finish the outside walls and 25 more 2x4's to finish up the interior walls. Man do I have a keen eye. ;) :D

Karl

Bart Leetch
02-08-2006, 8:24 PM
Sure sounds like a cold way to do things. We used to sheet the outside walls before setting them, get them up & plum . Then set the trusses & get the roof on & siding, doors & windows in.

Then at least cover the partition between the garage & house with plastic & put a little heat inside to help dry things out & be able to put up the interior partitions & start the plumbing & wiring & insulation.

For some houses the walls even came off the trailer with windows & siding on them when the outside walls were set & trusses & roof was on the only thing left outside was the gutters & doors & trim & painting.

Oh well everyone has their ways your house is coming along great. My wish for you is that it will continue to go this smooth all the way to the finish.

Art Mulder
02-08-2006, 8:26 PM
so, was it the two front bedrooms that had their front windows moved?

Jim Becker
02-08-2006, 9:50 PM
Lookin' great, Karl! Amazing...

Jim O'Dell
02-08-2006, 9:57 PM
Hey, Karl, it doesn't look cold at all! Great progress! Jim.

Frank Pellow
02-08-2006, 9:59 PM
Love the birds eye pictures, Karl.

Jerry Olexa
02-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Karl..You are da man....Coming along great and swiftly..:confused:

Karl Laustrup
02-09-2006, 5:39 AM
so, was it the two front bedrooms that had their front windows moved?

Those are the ones Art. Here's a pic with some graphics. At least I hope the graphics come out big enough to read.

Karl

Jeff Sudmeier
02-09-2006, 9:01 AM
Looking great Karl!! Man that is going to be a sweet house! :)

Corey Hallagan
02-09-2006, 7:52 PM
Karl, where's the shop???

Corey

Karl Laustrup
02-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Karl, where's the shop???

Corey

Hey Corey, it's under one of them roofs you see above the top plate of the house. :D If I could just hit the PowerBall lottery this Saturday things could change. $250 million. :cool:

Karl