PDA

View Full Version : Wall Anchors

Peter Stahl
02-08-2006, 1:17 PM
Anyone install a Triton Lumber Rack system onto a concrete wall? I went to the hardware store and got the type where you drill a hole, 1/4" for these type, tap it into the hole and as yo tighten they are supposed to mushroom on the end like a pop rivet and hold. Didn't have any luck with those. I was looking at the type you drill a 1/2" hole and put a sleeve in the hole that the 1/4-20 bolt goes into. Anyone recommend a good anchor system. The hole in the Rack are 1/4" but I could probaly drill out to 3/8" max if necessary. Was think of capton's but they are the strongest for something like this. Any help would be most appreciated. For anyone not who doesn't know what a Triton Wood Rack looks like then go to this link (http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4793)

thanks, Pete Stahl

tod evans
02-08-2006, 1:29 PM
peter, the readhead type anchors are the strongest non-epoxy anchors for concrete.....02 tod

John Miliunas
02-08-2006, 1:34 PM
Peter, another vote for the Redheads. Great anchoring system, IMHO.:) :cool:

Peter Stahl
02-08-2006, 1:41 PM
Peter, another vote for the Redheads. Great anchoring system, IMHO.:) :cool:

Tod & John,

Where can I get them there Redheads? Do they have them at the Borg? I have a hammer drill so it shouldn't be a problem putting them in. Any tricks to using them though? Also thanks for the qiuck replies!

Pete

tod evans
02-08-2006, 1:52 PM
Tod & John,

Where can I get them there Redheads? Do they have them at the Borg? I have a hammer drill so it shouldn't be a problem putting them in. Any tricks to using them though? Also thanks for the qiuck replies!

Pete

dunna know i avoid the borg at all costs! do you have a fastenall distributor near you? or a fastener supply house? these fasteners must be "set" by driving the wedge with a center punch or dedicated setting tool prior to use......02 tod

John Miliunas
02-08-2006, 1:57 PM
Tod gave you the lowdown for basic install and, at least in my neck 'o the woods, they do stock them at the orange borg, although I would prefer Fastenall, as well. Those guys can give you the entire story on what/why/how! :) (Sorry Tod...The Fastenall shop out here not nearly as convenient to get to! :o ) :) :cool:

tod evans
02-08-2006, 2:00 PM
Tod gave you the lowdown for basic install and, at least in my neck 'o the woods, they do stock them at the orange borg, although I would prefer Fastenall, as well. Those guys can give you the entire story on what/why/how! :) (Sorry Tod...The Fastenall shop out here not nearly as convenient to get to! :o ) :) :cool:

that`s okay by me! i don`t use them unless i`m a long way from home. i use my local fastener/supply house. i just suggested fastenall `cause they`re nationwide and fairly accessable:)....02 tod

Norman Hitt
02-08-2006, 5:38 PM
Peter, what Tod & John have already said, and in addition, the secret for best results with ANY type of concrete anchor, is to first, be sure that the concrete is Sound, and that the anchor you use goes deep enough into the concrete to get a good "Bite" where the concrete is really strong. Lastly, make sure that the hole you drill is round, (not wobbled out), and small enough so the anchor is very snug when you drive it into the hole. I like to drill the holes slightly deeper than the length of the anchor, and blow out any debris after driving in the anchor, before you tighten up the bolt.