PDA

View Full Version : Clip Clop the Wonder Horse

Rick Potter
05-11-2024, 6:59 PM
Another off the wall submission.

The wife just brought home a spring type rocking horsie. I am trying to determine how old it night be, and have just spent two hours looking up everything I can find on them.

This is what I have determined so far: It is a genuine Wonder Horse, says so in embossed letters on the saddle. It has a blue metal frame and blue accents on the saddle blanket which seem original, although the accents on both horse and saddle look like they were sprayed on by braile. I found a reference about that, in a posting by an artist who redid a like horse, so I guess they were not too careful when making it.

References to it that I have found say it is a 'Clip Clop' model, and it is apparently a large version about 37" long from nose to tail. It has a sound box underneath that I have not checked out. Not too worried about that, since the great grandkids make enough noise without help.

Items for sale on E-bay give dates of 1978 to 1990's, but it looks like they are all guesswork. I found that after several mergers, the company quit making them in 1983, but they were not real sure about that either.

I have noticed that one for sale had a WH brand on it's left flank, but couldn't see if it also had the saddle markings. Mine does not have the brand.

Any experts out there?? Value is interesting, but we plan to keep it anyway, just curious when it might have been foaled.

You can always count on me for something weird.

Thanks,
Rick

Jerome Stanek
05-12-2024, 7:10 AM
My grand son loves his Clip clop horse We got it for our kids in 1980 and just pulled it out a couple years ago for the grand son. It still has the clippity cop sound when you have a fresh battery in it.

Rick Potter
05-16-2024, 2:19 AM
We put it out on the lawn, for the kids and it is a hit. Interesting that the almost two year old girl seems to like it more than the 5 1/2 Y/O boy. He likes his pedal car best.

We are running out of places to put kids toys.