PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Zip program.

Joe Tonich
07-26-2003, 7:17 AM
I'm looking for a Zip/Un-zip program (preferably free :p) that can be used with windows XP. I found a plan for Jake's Chair but it's in a zip file and I can't open it. :(

Thanks,

Joe

Dennis Peacock
07-26-2003, 7:44 AM
I'm looking for a Zip/Un-zip program (preferably free :p) that can be used with windows XP. I found a plan for Jake's Chair but it's in a zip file and I can't open it. :(

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

Try www.winzip.com
Great program and have used it for YEARS!!!!

Kevin Gerstenecker
07-26-2003, 7:48 AM
Joe, your Windows XP should be able to open a Zip, or Compressed File. Just save the file to a folder, then right click on the file, then click on open, or extract all. I receive Zipped files all of the time, and have no problem un zipping them. I have XP, and I have no stand alone program that deals with these type of files..............as far as I know, the capability is in the XP Program. Try that and let me know if it worked for you.....................in the meantime, I will check it out further. :confused:

Joe Tonich
07-26-2003, 8:08 AM
Is a SAV file different than a Zip file? When I right click on it it says it"s not a win32 (or something like that) and it cannot open it.

Thanks,

Joe

OK, I don't understand what happened, but, after I closed everything out it appeared on my Desktop. :confused: Then when I clicked on it I was able to un-zip it. I guess it is in XP. Computers drive me CRAZY!!! Thanks for the help!

Joe - STILL wondering what a SAV file is! :confused:

Perry Schmidt
07-26-2003, 12:37 PM
www.winzip.com

(Someone already pointed out...) If you read the licensing agreement if you are an individual user you can legally use the evaluation copy as long as you want w/out paying fo rit...they don't mind. At least that's what it said as of 2 years ago.

Good program, easy to use, unzips lots of formats.

FYI

Perry

Ken Salisbury
07-26-2003, 2:37 PM
Thanks,

:confused: Then when I clicked on it I was able to un-zip it. I guess it is in XP. Computers drive me CRAZY!!!
Joe -
Yes Joe XP has the software imbedded to unzip files.
AND - Computers didn't drive you crazy - You were that way before they invented computers :D :D :D -- your Buddy? -- Ken