PDA

View Full Version : Another way to use my Biscuits Joiner

Keith Webster
02-07-2006, 6:58 PM
This is my first post guys so i hope it goes good.

I own my own home building/remo company. One of the jobs I love to do is install Witex laminate flooring ( or other good brands). If any of you have installed this stuff you know that you must cut the bottoms of your door trim and jambs to slide the flooring under the trim. Well in the past I either used a hand saw or (please never do this) a grinder with a 4'' saw blade on it. Well today I took my Porter Cable biscuit joiner with me to see how it would do. Well it did GREAT! The bottom plate is the same thickness as the flooring so it would not have a gap. The blade would cut just the right depth and the cut trim would just fall out. I don't know if this will help anyone but just thought I would tell you guys about it anyway.

thanks

Steve Clardy
02-07-2006, 7:04 PM
Great Idea!!
And welcome to the creek!!

Russ Massery
02-07-2006, 8:10 PM
Ditto, I think you should share this Idea with the General Woodworking and Power Tool Forum. And Welcome!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2006, 8:39 PM
Neat idea Keith!

Welcome to the Creek! I was in Corpus last March. Revisited South Padre Island for the first time since 1976. I was stationed at Kingsville Dec. 1974-Feb. 1976. Again....Welcome to the Creek!

Ernie Nyvall
02-07-2006, 9:24 PM
Welcome Keith. What a great first post. Thanks.

Ernie

Tom Hamilton
02-07-2006, 9:31 PM
Fellow Texan, welcome to the Creek. Great idea in your opening post, can't wait to see the ones to follow.

Best regards, Tom

Jim O'Dell
02-07-2006, 10:28 PM
That is a very good use of a tool. Now we can all tell our spouses that it does two functions, therefore it is only half as expensive!!
Welcome to the Creek. It's easy to see that you'll fit right in! Jim.