PDA

View Full Version : Rocks in their heads

Edward Weber
04-15-2024, 11:27 AM
https://www.ktnv.com/news/park-rangers-looking-for-two-vandalism-suspects-at-lake-mead-national-recreation-area

What the ____ is wrong with some people?

Brian Runau
04-15-2024, 12:23 PM
Sad. Brian

Frank Pratt
04-15-2024, 1:15 PM
That reminds me of an incident several years ago where a couple of guys (Boy Scout leaders, no less) toppled a large rock off its perch in Goblin Valley. What an example to set.

Patty Hann
04-15-2024, 4:01 PM
That reminds me of an incident several years ago where a couple of guys (Boy Scout leaders, no less) toppled a large rock off its perch in Goblin Valley. What an example to set.

Yep... a link to that incident is provided in some of the stories about these two losers.
Happened in Utah...guys were caught and prosecuted....scout leader was ejected from the BSA (in Utah, at least)

Jim Koepke
04-15-2024, 7:11 PM
Guys like that may have exes who will be glad to identify them.

What kind of dim whit (a different description comes to mind) wants have their mark on history be the damage they have wrought?

jtk

Bill Dufour
04-16-2024, 12:10 AM
They should get prison time with hard labor breaking up rocks into gravel for forest pathways and roads. They kinda already volunteered didn't they.
Poor example for the little girl with them. Who ran the video, the son or the wife?
BilL D

Patty Hann
04-16-2024, 4:50 AM
They should get prison time with hard labor breaking up rocks into gravel for forest pathways and roads. They kinda already volunteered didn't they.
Poor example for the little girl with them. Who ran the video, the son or the wife?
BilL D
'Zactly my thought.

Edward Weber
04-16-2024, 10:32 AM
+1
My immediate thought was, "so you like rocks do ya?"
I hope they give them the maximum penalty for this.

Sadly it seems, this has become some sort of trend or I'm just reading about more awful people these days.
These guys, the Boy Scout guy, The Sycamore gap tree, not to mention the Redwood poachers.
Just makes me sick

Stan Calow
04-16-2024, 11:52 AM
As I recall the righteous scout leaders who did this in Utah thought they were doing a good deed by making the trail safer. Maybe the motivation of these new jerks will come out to be the same. In which case education has failed us again.

Alan Rutherford
04-16-2024, 8:17 PM
... Who ran the video, the son or the wife?

According to the BBC website tonight: "A hiker in the US has recorded two men pushing rocks from an ancient formation in Nevada...."

That video is getting some play. It was on ABC News with David Muir last night. BBC.com today. Those guys are toast.

Jerome Stanek
04-17-2024, 6:28 AM
To bad they closed the Rock that would be a good place for them

Edward Weber
04-18-2024, 2:27 PM
They just keep coming
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68848098

Tom M King
04-18-2024, 4:55 PM
Unfortunately, as the population grows so does the half that's below average intelligence.

Patty Hann
04-18-2024, 5:26 PM
They just keep coming
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68848098

I'm not a vindictive person, but I do wish the mama bear had been close by.
That would have been a video worth seeing. In fact, the only thing left intact would have been the phone.

Edward Weber
04-18-2024, 6:40 PM
Unfortunately, as the population grows so does the half that's below average intelligence.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that :D

Tom M King
04-18-2024, 10:02 PM
Sadly, it’s not a joke.

Jim Koepke
04-19-2024, 1:40 AM
I'm not a vindictive person, but I do wish the mama bear had been close by.
That would have been a video worth seeing. In fact, the only thing left intact would have been the phone.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/155178594356918

Oops! Didn't realize this needs a facebook account to view.

It is a funny little skit where a young woman drops something and a young man picks it up to hand to her.

He notices her necklace and asks where she got it. She says her best friend gave it to her when they were kids, but he disappeared on a hiking trip, most people think he may have been eaten by a bear.

The necklace is of cat shaped like half a heart. The young man reaches inside his shirt and pulls out the mating half. She looks at him with wide eyes and questions, "Kevin?" He says, "no, I'm Jay and I found this in a pile of bear poop. Your friend Kevin definitely got eaten by a bear, that't crazy."

jtk

Larry Edgerton
04-19-2024, 5:31 PM
This always has been, but it accelerated sharply during Covid and shows no sign of slowing down. People from the city that belong in the city. They are entitled, rude and generally pigs and do not understand anything about nature. They are still their city selves, not even seeing what is there, and annoying anyone who are quiet and respectful of others. I live in the middle of a 280k acre state forest, and it has changed. I doubt it goes back. These people do not belong in the forest.

Don't even get me started on the side by sides...........

Edward Weber
05-01-2024, 10:04 AM
The hits keep on coming
https://www.cnn.com/travel/bison-injures-man-yellowstone-arrest/index.html
At the very least, we can blame some of the behavior on alcohol in this case

Edward Weber
05-04-2024, 10:48 AM
Teaching Moment?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-teens-seen-viral-video-dumping-trash-ocean-boat-turn-rcna150686

Doug Garson
05-06-2024, 12:04 AM
Teaching Moment?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-teens-seen-viral-video-dumping-trash-ocean-boat-turn-rcna150686
The fact they turned themselves in is a positive sign, hopefully the prosecutor and judge will consider this and their sentence will be limited to community service cleaning up the ocean or beaches. I doubt they were sober when they dumped the trash cans.

Doug Garson
05-06-2024, 12:13 AM
This always has been, but it accelerated sharply during Covid and shows no sign of slowing down. People from the city that belong in the city. They are entitled, rude and generally pigs and do not understand anything about nature. They are still their city selves, not even seeing what is there, and annoying anyone who are quiet and respectful of others. I live in the middle of a 280k acre state forest, and it has changed. I doubt it goes back. These people do not belong in the forest.

Don't even get me started on the side by sides...........
I was born and raised in a city and have resided in cities all my life. I have enjoyed time outside cities including wilderness canoe and kayak camping trips, back country hikes etc. I strongly disagree with your rude generalization of people from the city. @holes come from everywhere not just cities.

Larry Edgerton
05-09-2024, 7:24 AM
I was born and raised in a city and have resided in cities all my life. I have enjoyed time outside cities including wilderness canoe and kayak camping trips, back country hikes etc. I strongly disagree with your rude generalization of people from the city. @holes come from everywhere not just cities.

I said "People in the city that belong in the city". I did not say all city dwellers.

Patty Hann
05-09-2024, 7:39 AM
I said "People in the city that belong in the city". I did not say all city dwellers.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Town mouse and country mouse facing off, almost come to blows! :D

Ron Citerone
05-09-2024, 8:21 AM

Doug you are exactly right here. It is a rude generalization no matter how cleverly the semantics are worked.

Tom M King
05-09-2024, 10:08 AM
There are differences though. Our driveway is big enough for any size horse trailer to easily get in and out with plenty of parking, and has even handled semi-trucks once in a while. Over the years, we've seen hundreds of different cars and vehicles pull in mostly with people picking up puppies. There are no marked parking spaces.

Where are the people from that pull in and are so obviously confused about where is a good place to park without the lines? More than a few can manage to park where it blocks everything up with no room for anyone else to get by. Now I can understand if it's a rental car, which is no small percentage of the total, but if it's a freshly detail car with numbers and letters on it like AMG, M6, etc., etc., I doubt these are rental cars. I don't think these people are even used to being out in the country. It's not unusual too for some to have a hard time backing up with I'm sure backup cameras in the fancy cars.

Sorry to get off topic, but I just decided to throw this in here. It's always entertaining to us.