PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0490's are shipping

John Hedges
02-07-2006, 2:46 PM
I just got an email shipping notification this morning that the G0490 (8" DJ20 Clone) I ordered last month shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow.:):D:D

Jim O'Dell
02-07-2006, 2:55 PM
With a pre-gloat like that, you must be told that a quick write up on assembly and use, WITH PICTURES, is now manditory. :D :D
I'm anxious to read what you have to say about it as you get it up and running. Jim

Allen Bookout
02-07-2006, 5:03 PM
That is great news. I ordered mine on the fifth of January and have not heard anything yet. When did you order yours and what part of the country are you having it shipped to or at least where is it being shipped from? I do not see a "Location" for you. Mine will come out of Missouri I am sure. I hope that you have good things to report when it arrives. There are a few other members anxiously awaiting also. Allen

Rob Blaustein
02-07-2006, 5:15 PM
I just got an email shipping notification this morning that the G0490 (8" DJ20 Clone) I ordered last month shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow.:):D:D

John,
Good news. Was the email notification from Grizzly or the delivery company? When I ordered mine I asked if I would get an email with any shipping/delivery info and was told they didn't do that, and that I should call from time to time and they would try to give me an update. I recall with my previous Grizzly tools (TS and bandsaw--not backordered) I just got a call from the delivery people.
--Rob

John Hedges
02-07-2006, 5:33 PM
Allen, I am in California. I understand that the left coast gets the first shipments of anything as we are closer to the delivery ports from China. Sorry bout the profile, I just updated it.

Rob, yes the email notification was from Grizzly. Did you order your previous tools online. Perhaps it is just the online orders which do that.

Rob Blaustein
02-07-2006, 5:48 PM
Rob, yes the email notification was from Grizzly. Did you order your previous tools online. Perhaps it is just the online orders which do that.

I phoned them in, as I did the G0490 order. Let us know how things look in terms of condition, setup, fit/finish, and of course function--when you get a chance.

Allen Bookout
02-07-2006, 5:57 PM
Thanks for the information John! By the way ---- good to have you with us. Allen

John Hedges
02-07-2006, 6:25 PM
Will definitely give a quick review on my initial impressions.

Allen, Thanks for the welcome, I have been mostly just lurking for the last few months, seems like a good bunch here.

Russ Massery
02-07-2006, 6:49 PM
John, When did you place your order? I order one on the 13th, I'm anxiously waiting for your review!

John Hedges
02-07-2006, 6:51 PM
Russ, I ordered mine on January 11th.

Michael Disorbo
02-07-2006, 7:55 PM
Yes please do let us know how things are going. How do you plan on placing that large table on the base? Us folks on the east coast will have to wait a few more weeks till they get to this side of the country. I guess that "slow boat from China" gets a bit slower when it travels over land.:rolleyes:

I guess it gives us east boys a chance to see how you westerners like the fit an feel before we take the plunge.

Hope all is well!!

Michael

Russ Massery
02-07-2006, 8:21 PM
John, The reason I asked, I have some table top material waiting for the jointer.:rolleyes: Pic attached

Howard Norman
02-07-2006, 8:24 PM
I received a call from the trucking company today saying they plan on delivering my G0490 on Friday. I am over a hundred miles from the freight terminal and out in the mountains also so freight deliveries out here are not too fast or swift.

In fact last year it took two weeks after the shipment was in Phoenix before I had it at my house here outside of Prescott.

Howard

Russ Massery
02-07-2006, 9:27 PM
Howard, When did you order yours?

John Hedges
02-07-2006, 9:32 PM
Howard where do you live in Prescott. My father in law lives there. Beautiful place.

Howard Norman
02-08-2006, 3:41 PM
Russ, I ordered my G0490 just before Christmas.

John, I live in Walker, which is the old mining community that was started two years before Prescott. It is about ten miles by car from the courthouse, past Lynk Lake if you know where that is. Eight miles off of AZ 69.

Howard

Allen Bookout
02-08-2006, 7:47 PM
I just saw this statement made by someone in Chicago concerning the GO490: "I just called Customer Service, and now I'm told the expected shiping date from the MO warehouse is early March!". So it looks like that those of us that are waiting for the units to be shipped out of Missouri have another three or four weeks to go. That seems like quite a bit of lag time for a four day or so truck trip. Maybe they are waiting for another boat load.

Russ Massery
02-08-2006, 9:38 PM
Allan, I Pm'd Shriaz this morning he told me that the Springfield MO should start shipping next week. I don't know about yours because it will ship from the Muncy PA warehouse. My feeling is that customer service always gives a "worse case scenario". I order a shaper from Grizzly, they told me it was back ordered for 3 weeks it came in 1.

Allen Bookout
02-08-2006, 9:55 PM
Thanks Russ, I do not know why I assumed that mine would come out of Missouri but appreciate the information about it coming out of Muncy. I have ordered some small things from Grizzly and guess that I never noticed where they were coming from. Allen

Michael Disorbo
02-09-2006, 6:38 PM
Mr. Hedges,

Did that ole jointer arrive yet? Have you had time to look it over to give us your opinion about the quality? Man I would have had her out by now:) Anxious to hear your comments.

MD

John Hedges
02-09-2006, 7:26 PM
Yes I put it together yesterday, but had to stop short of the wiring. Hopefully will get to that tonight, if my daughters dont keep me too busy correcting homework etc. I have been keeping notes and taking lots of pics so i will be posting an "initial impressions" writeup in the next few days.