PDA

View Full Version : Miter bars

Karl Card
04-12-2024, 2:51 PM
Does anyone know where I could get 1 inch wide miter bars for an old delta/rockwell 12/14 table saw? I will make my own if I have to
but I was hoping to try and find some that are aluminum or steel or alloy etc..

Chris Parks
04-12-2024, 8:38 PM
Use round pins/rod instead of mitre bars made from the polyethylene or similar material bread boards are made from. You can even offset the fixing hole to set the sled parallel to the blade as needed.

Bill Dufour
04-13-2024, 12:14 PM
When I set up the fence I found a 1 2 3 block fit perfect in the slot. I would think about Aluminum or wood for weight reasons. I have the cast iron mire gauge and it weighs a lot!
Bill D

Karl Card
04-13-2024, 12:45 PM
Use round pins/rod instead of mitre bars made from the polyethylene or similar material bread boards are made from. You can even offset the fixing hole to set the sled parallel to the blade as needed.

Thank you, I would not have thought of that.

Karl Card
04-13-2024, 12:46 PM
When I set up the fence I found a 1 2 3 block fit perfect in the slot. I would think about Aluminum or wood for weight reasons. I have the cast iron mire gauge and it weighs a lot!
Bill D

Fascinating. I have a set of 123 blocks, as soon as I get home from work I have to try that.

Bill Dufour
04-13-2024, 8:24 PM
I should have said I was using them to hold a DI to adjust the table top so the slot was parallel to the blade. Then the fence to the slot.
I just adjusted the fence the other day because it did not lock down tight to the rail. Unfortunately on a unifence the lock down is also the fence parallel adjustment.
Big Mistake I used my 0.0001" Di. It has a much bigger dial and is easy to read from a distance. Made me chase it around ten times more then a 0.001 would.
BilL D

Bruce Wrenn
04-13-2024, 10:27 PM
Check out 1018 cold rolled flat bar, 3/8 X 1 inch size. Four foot length from Metals Depot is about $25.