PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse photo

Lee Schierer
04-09-2024, 2:47 PM
We traveled with my son and his two children to northern Vermont for the eclipse on Monday morning. We had some light strato-cirrus clouds move in, but they did not hamper the viewing. Here is one one of the photos he took during totality.
Note the solar prominences that show up in red around the rim.

John M Wilson
04-09-2024, 3:02 PM
That is an awesome picture...

My wife & I traveled a short distance to see the one that passed near us in 2017... It's really hard to describe how surreal the "full totality" is, and how different it is from even 90+ percent, as we had this go-round.

Brian Runau
04-09-2024, 5:39 PM
Cool picture. My wife and sat in the back yard here in Indianapolis and watched. Perfect day for it here, 75 and clear skies. Brian

Patty Hann
04-09-2024, 7:04 PM
Absolutely a very cool pic

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2024, 7:07 PM
Great photo Lee!

Jim Becker
04-09-2024, 7:40 PM
Good decision to head up to VT for the "show"...clear sky evaded so many areas farther south/west. We were at 90% here but a cloud "attacked" right at the last minute, so the effect was muted. But it was fun watching twilight come and go in the afternoon for a bit and the temps noticeably dropped for the duration of the event. I was in the shop and walked outside every few minutes to see the effects. It was kinda strange...similar to when the wildfire smoke hit last year, but no smell and no "orange" haze. LOL

Jim Koepke
04-09-2024, 8:26 PM
Great pic Lee, thanks for posting.

We would have had to go a few thousand miles to see it so stayed home.

jtk

Rich Engelhardt
04-10-2024, 8:16 AM
Great picture!

Larry Edgerton
04-13-2024, 9:07 AM
Nice! I ended up in Cleveland by accident, spur of the moment motorcycle purchase, and didn't even think about it, no camera, no glasses. Very cool bonus. Had a pair of cutting torch glasses in the truck that let me take a quick glimpse or two when it was partial.