PDA

View Full Version : Travels

Raymond Overman
02-07-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm doing some travelling this week and thought I'd share the itinerary in case there were any creekers along the way.

I'm flying out to San Diego tomorrow morning with a 3 hour layover in Newark, NJ between 11:20 AM to 2:10 PM. Not really a lot of time and the last time I visited NJ it wasn't that exciting.

I'll be in SD Wednesday night to Saturday morning. I then have a four hour layover in Houston between 3:01 PM to 6:55 PM on Saturday. Just enough time to be aggravated. Too little time to get a decent plate of barbecued beef by what Internet searches have told me.

I sure wish I could turn those seven hours of layover time into shop time. It just seems such a waste for them to go towards sitting in an airport twiddling my thumbs.

Bob Noles
02-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Raymond,

Too bad your 7 hrs aren't in Atlanta. BBQ cooking is my "other" hobby :D

Raymond Overman
02-07-2006, 1:50 PM
No fair just rubbing it in there Bob. Of course Atlanta's only 4 hours away from where I live...

Just wait though. When Memorial day weekend comes around we'll have at least a whole hog on in Fort Mill, SC. The ironic thing is, it's Eastern NC style with a vinegar and pepper based sauce and I live in SC. Old habits die hard.

I have a third cousin that lives in Texas and he asked my dad to come down and cook some Eastern NC Barbeque (notice the capitalization of the proper name) for him. He said he had all the mesquite ready for him. Dad told him he'd rather haul the oak or hickory down there to burn and haul the mesquite back here to turn!

Jim Becker
02-07-2006, 1:57 PM
I don't think you have too many options in Newark, Ray...not enough time to go anywhere outside of the airport, especially these days. A good book and hopefully access to one of the airline clubs will keep you occupied.

Barry Stratton
02-08-2006, 2:34 AM
Too bad you can't travel with a pocket knife anymore or you could carve something!

Curt Fuller
02-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Anyone think there would be enough interest to start a franchise of woodturning kiosks in all the major airline hubs? Just for a quick shavings fix.