PDA

View Full Version : Paul Sellers assaulted

Jason White
03-25-2024, 7:58 PM
Saw this about Paul Sellers today. Poor guy! Have learned much from him.
https://paulsellers.com/2024/03/quiet-rest-for-a-while/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily

Larry Frank
03-25-2024, 8:48 PM
I hope he heals quickly.

What a sad commentary on people today ! Something is going wrong in society for this type thing happening so often.

Edward Weber
03-25-2024, 8:49 PM
Sorry to hear, no one deserves that.
why are people so cruel

Jim Koepke
03-25-2024, 9:27 PM
That is terrible. I hope they catch the culprit.

People deserve to be free of such senseless actions.

jtk

Jimmy Harris
03-26-2024, 11:58 AM
What a senseless act of violence. I feel sorry for Mr. Sellers, but even more sorry for the person who did this. Something is terribly wrong with them.

Brian Holcombe
03-26-2024, 12:19 PM
Wishing Paul a quick recovery.

Rafael Herrera
03-26-2024, 1:23 PM
Wishing him speedy recovery and also to Steven Newmans' wife, who was in the hospital recently.

Mark Gibney
03-26-2024, 11:01 PM
Paul's not a young 'un. Wishing him a full recovery. And to Steven's wife too.

Richard Coers
03-27-2024, 2:03 PM
Not at all uncommon. I was assaulted riding as well. 4 teens on 2 dirt motorcycles sped by me on a trail. The rider of the first bike slapped me in the back, the second pair slapped me in back of the head. Luckily I remained upright, but the event really shook me to the core. Why a 70 year old man riding in his neighborhood should have to endure those kind of things is beyond me. Lots of people hate cyclists!!!

mike stenson
03-27-2024, 2:24 PM
Not at all uncommon. I was assaulted riding as well. 4 teens on 2 dirt motorcycles sped by me on a trail. The rider of the first bike slapped me in the back, the second pair slapped me in back of the head. Luckily I remained upright, but the event really shook me to the core. Why a 70 year old man riding in his neighborhood should have to endure those kind of things is beyond me. Lots of people hate cyclists!!!

Unfortunately yes, this is all too common. I've had people hit me (like this description), throw things at me (generally trash), "bump" me with their car, run me off the road, and one old woman pulled in front of me and slammed on the brakes. No one should have to put up with this, but the attitude locally even amongst the cops tacitly supports it. Cagers.