PDA

View Full Version : AI-generated dragon

Grant Wilkinson
03-21-2024, 7:28 AM
I generated the dragon using Microsoft's Copilot image generator. This is a 6" square ceramic tile, painted satin beige. I used a 10w diode laser module attached to my CNC router to etch it. Run time was roughly 2 1/2 hours.

Larry Frank
03-21-2024, 7:56 AM
Excellent work! What settings did you use?

Keith Outten
03-21-2024, 8:23 AM
The results are outstanding Grant!

Frederick Skelly
03-21-2024, 8:24 AM
Man, that’s a GREAT image. It’s probably the most fierce dragon image I’ve ever seen. And the resolution is amazing - his teeth are scary sharp. I’d be proud to own that.

Question? I don’t know anything about laser engraving. In the photo, I think I see fine vertical lines across much of the image (not just the background). Are those actually in the engraving or is that just in the photo (or on my monitor)?

Really beautiful work Sir!

Grant Wilkinson
03-21-2024, 2:59 PM
Excellent work! What settings did you use?

I burned this in Lightburn at 1500mm/mm and 60% power. All lasers will differ, though.

Grant Wilkinson
03-21-2024, 3:00 PM
The results are outstanding Grant!

Thanks much, Keith. Lots of learning to do, but a reasonable first effort, I think.

Grant Wilkinson
03-21-2024, 3:02 PM
Man, that’s a GREAT image. It’s probably the most fierce dragon image I’ve ever seen. And the resolution is amazing - his teeth are scary sharp. I’d be proud to own that.

Question? I don’t know anything about laser engraving. In the photo, I think I see fine vertical lines across much of the image (not just the background). Are those actually in the engraving or is that just in the photo (or on my monitor)?

Really beautiful work Sir!

Thank you. There are visible lines in the black background. I think I need to increase the lines per inch in my Lightburn settings. There are no lines in the graphic created by Copilot.

Mike Null
03-29-2024, 5:58 PM
Great job! Thanks for posting. I used Copilot yesterday for the first time for a recipe. Also great results.