PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to love Craigslist

David Miller (Indy)
02-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi, all. I've been lurking a while but feel a little giddy with what I scored tonight. Found an ad on Craigslist for a Hitachi SCMS, Hitachi folding worksite stand, plus extra blade for $300.

When I got it home and plugged in to try, a little red laser came on, too. Ah, it's such a pretty shade of red, too. :)

How'd I do?

Brett Baldwin
02-07-2006, 12:38 AM
David, that's sounds like a really nice score IF in fact you did get it home. The general rule here is that to be an official gloat, there has to be photographic proof. Otherwise it is hearsay which you will be ribbed about until the picture shows;) . BTW, what size blade on that?

Keith Outten
02-07-2006, 7:14 AM
David,

One of the Carperters working on a project at CNU just bought the Hitachi compound slider miter saw and has been using it for a couple of days. So far he is impressed with the saw and it is the lightest weight of any saw at the site. I think I have seen just about every compound saw that exists at work over the last few weeks and I have been asking the Pros every day what they like and dislike about each model. These guys use their compound saws all day long so they are really picky about features and capabilities.

The Delta, DeWalt and Hitachi modals are all fairing well, the Porter Cable seems to be so-so and the Bosch is the least favorite. These guys install really large molding, sometimes the molding is stacked up to ten pieces so the configuration can get real complex.

I have to admit I like what I have seen in the Hitachi compund saw, I think you did good :)

David Miller (Indy)
02-07-2006, 7:47 AM
You know, I shoulda known. Pics to follow this evening.

John Miliunas
02-07-2006, 8:00 AM
Don, heckuva' score! (If it really did happen, of course!:D ) I've yet to hear a single negative about that particular saw and, we'll be looking forward to your report! (and pics!!!):) :cool:

Tyler Howell
02-07-2006, 8:14 AM
You know, I shoulda known. Pics to follow this evening.
Welcome Dave This is a warning ticket.Gloating with out pictures is a serious ofense!!!;)

Dave Tinley
02-07-2006, 10:30 AM
From one Dave to another-
Great score. I have that saw and think it is fantastic. As you will find out, the laser can be set dead on accurate at the fence, it does have alittle variation at about 6 to 8 inches from the fence, other then that it is great. I put a 60 tooth Freud cut off blade on mine, works like a dream.

Dave

Byron Trantham
02-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Dave, nice score. Looking forward to your evaluation after using it for a bit.